Phx,AZ
Hi,

I'm looking for opinions from anyone using the HD
Steeda motor mounts part: 555-4005.How do they
compare to stock?If your using another aftermarket
mount please share.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard different claims about the Steeda motor mounts but have not seen any dyno results so far. The idea is that they lessen the amount of power lost to engine vibration and therefore give you a few extra HP. Here is what Steeda says about them:
'The weakest link in your drivetrain may be the hydra-mounts used for mounting the engine. While they get the damping job done, they can be prone to fatigue and/or leaking under hard usage. These direct replacements eliminate the hydra-coupling, and do a better job of directing your engine's efforts to the wheels."

Hi,

I not concerned with hp but was wondering if they give a
different driving experience than the stock ones.Can you
'feel' a difference with them?A possible 'fun' factor if you will:p

Thanks

Yes, you can "feel" a difference w/ the Steeda mounts. The engine vibration and surge of power when you get on it. Some like it, some do not. It took a while for me to get comfortable w/ the difference but now I enjoy it very much. I would NOT want to go back to stock now.

169stang said:
I have a set of those motor mounts for sale on ebay. They work fine. I had to take them off b/c I changed out the K member which has motor mounts integrated into it.
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ169stang

So by getting the BMR K Member P/N KM010 at $439.95 you eliminate the need for the $289.95 Steeda HD Engine Mounts and at the same time save 20 Lbs. in the process. Sounds like a heck of a good deal to me.