Steeda N/A tune Dyno results

350HPZ

Jul 18, 2003
Mine were 242Hp and 282TqSAE corrected.Who has results from their tune.03 GT steeda tune ,U/D pullies 3.73 gear,Flows,FMS70mm TB,TFS intake.The car ran lean down low till about 4,000 rpm then ran 13.1 and 12.7 on second pull.I think I had a vaccum leak.so back to the dyno I go.Anybody have results from the dyno. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the reflash done by T&J (not the steeda program), but one they are working on developing themselves. The timing advance provided some low-end grunt, but I lost 11rwhp and 11tk. I had them rework my a/f which was over 14:1, very lean. Now it's too rich, about 11.5:1 at peak. Have to get it a bit leaner.

mrvax said:
I had the reflash done by T&J (not the steeda program), but one they are working on developing themselves. The timing advance provided some low-end grunt, but I lost 11rwhp and 11tk. I had them rework my a/f which was over 14:1, very lean. Now it's too rich, about 11.5:1 at peak. Have to get it a bit leaner.

did ya send the computer back yet?

DeadLurker said:
did ya send the computer back yet?

No, I emailed Tim for advice. Haven't heard from him yet. It's almost impossible for me to go several days without my car. I have some logistical issues to figure out. Maybe Tim will send me his new programmer and an instruction manual ??? :lol:

mrvax said:
No, I emailed Tim for advice. Haven't heard from him yet. It's almost impossible for me to go several days without my car. I have some logistical issues to figure out. Maybe Tim will send me his new programmer and an instruction manual ??? :lol:

I should have done it along time ago but I finally decided to buy a spare computer which i'm currently using while my other computer goes back to T&J.

mrvax said:
That's a great idea.
#1: How much $$$
#2: How did you get around the PATS? Have Tim turn it off?

SmithAtlanta found one in a junk yard for me for 179 shipped.

Tim just disabled the PATS...when I start the car up it flashes the theft light but dies down after a minute or so.

I'm goign to put the original computer back in teh car with PATS enabled...just using this one while I send the other out to Tim.

I can call the company that sold me the computer and see if they have an 98 gt computer also. :)

Not bad! Maybe I should get one. I'd have to first send the spare to Tim, disable PATS and then have him send that to me, then rip out my original, send it to Tim, have him tweek it, send it to me, sign up again for Dyno Day, get a few runs....

Sorry to come in somewhat off topic, but with the a/f ratio, what is good?
When I had my car tuned, it stayed around 12.4-12.6 the whole time.....
I'm not sure about how the numbers work..I know higher means leaner, lower is richer...
Where is the happy medium?

mrvax said:
Not bad! Maybe I should get one. I'd have to first send the spare to Tim, disable PATS and then have him send that to me, then rip out my original, send it to Tim, have him tweek it, send it to me, sign up again for Dyno Day, get a few runs....

well if you can manage the downtime you dont' need to spend money on an extra computer and shipping to and from T&J.

gtrackd02 said:
Sorry to come in somewhat off topic, but with the a/f ratio, what is good?
When I had my car tuned, it stayed around 12.4-12.6 the whole time.....
I'm not sure about how the numbers work..I know higher means leaner, lower is richer...
Where is the happy medium?

Ideal for a N/A car is 13:1 across the board.
S/C cars need to get richer as they increase RPMs. Usually around 11:1 at the top.