STEEDA UPPER CONTROL ARM

• Sponsors (?)

Considering that you're going to be racing it often and with DR's, for the cost I'd put the heavy duty mount on there while you're at it. You'll feel like an idiot if you tear out the stock mount and have a bunch of stuff to fix and have to install the new mount anyway.

Also, I understand a lot of the clunk people hear (myself included) after swapping to an aftermarket upper control arm is due to the bracket. Getting a matching bracket to go with your new control arm should help with that. Anyway, it did with my Metco setup.

I haven't seen it, but it's not real sturdy and is just bolted on. I've seen aftermarket pieces that were 1/4" thick and had dual mounting points for the arm. Either way, it should probably be welded if you run slicks and outrageous h.p.

I'll just weld the factory unit and see how far I can take it. It's just like the panhard bar brace that I bought. I bet it does little to nothing for me. Same thing with the strut tower brace on coupes. I bought one and couldn't tell a difference. Of course, I ended up selling it for a loss.