Stock Rearend with Slicks??

SCalla1384

Oct 14, 2008
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting some Slicks for the GT. My question is, how well does the rear end hold up? If I brake something then whatever, Ill be down a car for a few weeks, but it'd be nice not too. And, would I just dump the clutch at like 5k? orrrr?? Ive never really thought about slicks. But some came up pretty cheap. Thanks guyys

• Sponsors (?)

ask me in about a week or so..lol i have a set of 26x10.5 M/T and i have not ran them at the track yet, but will soon, its sort of hit of miss with the rear, it might take it for a while or it might not, you will probabaly just break an axle, my buddy was launching his 400ish rwhp fox on 28" slicks and never had a problem.

Mine only lasted 11 passes with ET street radials! The driverside axle twisted in half and some junk got into the differential and trashed it as well. I ran all last year with Nitto dr's and no problem. I am making around 375 rwhp.

Hey guys, I was thinking about getting some Slicks for the GT. My question is, how well does the rear end hold up? If I brake something then whatever, Ill be down a car for a few weeks, but it'd be nice not too. And, would I just dump the clutch at like 5k? orrrr?? Ive never really thought about slicks. But some came up pretty cheap. Thanks guyys

585 at the tires. its a good friend of mine.

I think you should upgrade your parts first and than run a full slick. At the least when it breaks you will bend or twist something. Could also end up in the wall as the car may do a hard left or right once they go snap. Something to think about!
Good luck!