swapping parts from 85 crown vic to 93 coupe

hotrod101786

Sep 3, 2008
ive been givin an 85 crown vic 4 door. i have a 93 coupe 4 banger and i was gonna swap the motor into my mustang. i was curious what kind of rear end would be in that crown vic? and what all would i need to do as far as swapping the fuel system?

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure why but here goes. Is the 5.0 engine in the Crown Vic carbed? Are you looking to stay EFI or carbed. More information is needed. As for the rear end the CV will not fit and it may be an 8.8 however it may be easier to get one out of a junked Stang....

You do know you'll be short-changing yourself with the 'Vic motor, right? I'd keep looking for an HO motor out of a Mustang or a motor out of a late-90's Explorer.

On the fuel system, you might be able to get away with swapping all the parts from the 'Vic as you need them. The fuel pump might not be a direct swap but aftermarket Mustang fuel pumps are inexpensive anyway.

IIRC, the Crown Vic rear axle is wider. Regardless, you can always rock the Mustang's stock rear end (which I believe is a 7.5") until you find a donor 8.8 from another Mustang. Stock, the Vic motor is probably not going to pose a threat to that 4-cylinder rear end, haha.

You do know you'll be short-changing yourself with the 'Vic motor, right? I'd keep looking for an HO motor out of a Mustang or a motor out of a late-90's Explorer.

On the fuel system, you might be able to get away with swapping all the parts from the 'Vic as you need them. The fuel pump might not be a direct swap but aftermarket Mustang fuel pumps are inexpensive anyway.

IIRC, the Crown Vic rear axle is wider. Regardless, you can always rock the Mustang's stock rear end (which I believe is a 7.5") until you find a donor 8.8 from another Mustang. Stock, the Vic motor is probably not going to pose a threat to that 4-cylinder rear end, haha.

Agreed, unless you had a set of stock E7 heads and a H.O cam. The stock vic motors only put out like 150HP or so. I just picked up a 91' LX 4 cyl Mustangs and I also found a stock 92' H.O motor off craigs list for 250 with tranny and ECM. Dont waste your time, find a H.O motor.