T-TRIM too big?

MPH is great!!!
amyways this got off topic, to the two people still in the 13's with a blower all i can say is practice. When i first started modding my car i couldn't get out of the 14's. I eventually let an experienced driver take my car and he got a 13.8. By the end of the day i had my auto in the 13.6's. I haven't been back since i put the t-trim on, but i better be deep in the 12's.

• Sponsors (?)

ADRENLN said:
what do u guys mean when u say low speed drivability? what happens to the car at low speeds wiht the bigger blowers?
The low speed drivability was in reference to the larger physical size of the bigger blowers. They larger T-trim and 2000 have bigger housing and heavier impellers, with a different pitch designed to move air more efficiently at higher boost levels. As such, they move air slightly less efficiently in comparison to the smaller, lighter, impellers in the S-trim and 1000 at lower speeds and lesser boost levels. This can be made minimal by making other enhancements in the power and drive train, but for those who don’t want to get too creative with engine mods, gearing or stall speeds (auto only) the smaller blower sized for your particular application is the way to go. Like I said earlier, if you’re planning to shoot for the stars and make more serious horsepower in the future, then you’re just as well to go with the bigger blower right off the bat and live with it until you build your combo, but for your average Joe on a budget who plans on keeping things nice and simple, the 1000 or the S-trim will do just fine.

Just to put the driveability issue to rest, THERE ARE NO DRIVEABILITY ISSUES. Car idles perfectly and runs perfectly. If anything I'd say the car runs better than it did before the blower and tune.

Also, as MCMMOTORSPORTS stated, I went with the T-trim because I knew I would be building the bottom end in the near future. I knew I would give up a little on low boost applications but it was worth it for me. Sacrifice a little now and reap the benefits in the future. Upgrade as stated was only $250 and with the power levels I want to reach I'd have been stupid not to get the T-trim.

i know that the t trim and 2000 can reach boost levels of 2o somthing psi, but is 10 psi really low? i thought 8psi was like the average. i was planning on using 10psi on the 2000 for a long time, didnt intend to turn it up, but with it there u never know....i might. anyway i just want to know how much do u suffer with the big blowers at low (10) psi.. do your times at the track suffer?

im one of those blown 13 sec guys, but in my defense let me say this. my 60' time was 2.368 (yeah i need slicks)and my ET was 13.32@111mph. this silly time was run on stock tires at Famoso Raceway in CA last nite. the power is there guys, just have to get it to the ground :D

ADRENLN said:
i know that the t trim and 2000 can reach boost levels of 2o somthing psi, but is 10 psi really low? i thought 8psi was like the average. i was planning on using 10psi on the 2000 for a long time, didnt intend to turn it up, but with it there u never know....i might. anyway i just want to know how much do u suffer with the big blowers at low (10) psi.. do your times at the track suffer?

The bigger blowers suffer at low boost more than smaller ones because of heat. The T-trim creates more heat than an S-trim at lower boost levels. It's not uncommon to see a stock car with an S-trim make more power than a T-trim at the same boost levels. Heat kills our cars. When those of us w/ T-trims get an intercooler we'll be good!

My blower is pullied for 8 lbs. but with the MPH Powerpipe I see 10lbs.

If his inlet temps are getting to high,which they are with a T-trim,I start pulling timing in my tune to keep the car safe.My guess is if he made 370rwhp on the dyno that the car is seeing 330rwhp hot.Thats how I tune to keep them from blowing up @ the track..;)
We had one go 11.4 with only 415rwhp.. :) The boy can drive his ass off tho. Chris,ya just need to practice.

cobra killer said:
If his inlet temps are getting to high,which they are with a T-trim,I start pulling timing in my tune to keep the car safe.My guess is if he made 370rwhp on the dyno that the car is seeing 330rwhp hot.Thats how I tune to keep them from blowing up @ the track..;)
We had one go 11.4 with only 415rwhp.. :) The boy can drive his ass off tho. Chris,ya just need to practice.

Tim, long time no chat. Whats happening with your GT? Haven't heard or seen anything about it in a while. Please don't tell me you are like a lot of friends of mine, too busy taking care of customers to finish their own projects. A buddy of mine up north has two projects going, but he is so busy with work, that 5 years later, they are still projects.

Great to see you and your partner (sorry, don't know his name) have put together a nice and respected business. You deserve it.

cobra killer said:

I'm not complaining. I'm 100% satisfied with everything I've recieved from you. The tune is one of the biggest reasons I decided to buy from you and drive the 8 1/2 hrs. to get it tuned. It's also the #1 reason why you'll be the only person to tune my car.

As far as times go, the car is in the 12's, only thing keeping it out is track conditions and weather. I'm 100% certain that at Fayetville I'll see 12's. It's a much better track!

ChrisGT said:
It's my car he's talking about. There is nothing wrong with the tune and the car runs good. MPH is top notch. 2.0 was all I could muster in the 60' but a few weeks earlier at a much better track I could cut 1.8's all day with 22 psi on BFG 315 dr's. I believe the track may have been too cold and would not hook up. Also, Kinston Drag Strip is known for not doing the best prep work. Trap speed was 112ish. I know the car is a mid 12 sec car, just gotta get it there. Weather conditions have just not been ideal.
At least you are honest...its easy to see by the 60 ft that your car much left in it...get it hooked and it will be just fine...the mph says so...very good mph...good luck
GI Joe

98stangv8 said:
that is probably the problem...they are too busy nowadays, and the quality of work is suffering...
I was there the day you came to pick up your car and you came and showed your ass there...its clear here what you are trying to do...especially since you just got your bill from them...funny you say you dont want to start nothing here and you already did on another board and then 2 post later start the same mess here.....

RedGTvert said:
Tim, long time no chat. Whats happening with your GT? Haven't heard or seen anything about it in a while. Please don't tell me you are like a lot of friends of mine, too busy taking care of customers to finish their own projects. A buddy of mine up north has two projects going, but he is so busy with work, that 5 years later, they are still projects.

Great to see you and your partner (sorry, don't know his name) have put together a nice and respected business. You deserve it.
HEY!!!
Good to see ya.Actually,my junk is finally going back together.We have a 302 stroker with all billet internals,JW powerglide,mini tubes,ladder bars,and a HP twin 72mm turbo kit with in-car A/W cooler.It should crank in a few months.Its been 18 months since it last ran and Im getting excited.
thanks for the props,we are trying really hard to build badass stangs and stand behind what we do.Eric is a freak deal with someone not being satisfied but there is more to the story then I'll post on a public forum and get into a pissing match about.If he is unhappy,I'll handle it if we are allowed to.

98stangv8 said:
I don't like to make accusations on specifics in public forums...pm me..and I will gladly chat...
You're just pissed because you don't want to pay for the clutch they put in your car and forgot to put on your bill. If it was my shop, I would put a lien on your car.

cobra killer said:
HEY!!!
Good to see ya.Actually,my junk is finally going back together.We have a 302 stroker with all billet internals,JW powerglide,mini tubes,ladder bars,and a HP twin 72mm turbo kit with in-car A/W cooler.It should crank in a few months.Its been 18 months since it last ran and Im getting excited.
thanks for the props,we are trying really hard to build badass stangs and stand behind what we do.Eric is a freak deal with someone not being satisfied but there is more to the story then I'll post on a public forum and get into a pissing match about.If he is unhappy,I'll handle it if we are allowed to.

Junk . . . LOL! HP twins? Thought you guys were building your own setup?

Sound like fun though. Hope you'll finally get some seat time.

Don't fret too much about this Eric guy. Sometimes, no matter what you do, you can't satify everyone. Just keep up the good work.

Mirrahasmycar said:
13's with a supercharger is terrible, I'm going with procharger D1SC, some forged internals, and my custom exaust, I'll bet I can break 11

Lot more to it before you can make statements like that. There are people out there that 400+rwhp and still can't get out of the 13's. Could be any number of factors such as traction, track prep, weather, driver, etc.

"jaidedeye-he is running 1.9 60 foots, shifting at 5500 rpm......he can drive his car...its just slow for what it is"

If this is true, then he isnt making 10lbs of boost unless his blower is pullied for something more. MPH is great, wish they were nearer to me so they can actually work on the car, but even when ordering things/advice on what route to go/getting questions answered, etc....they are top notch. You want a great CS story, ask DeadLurker what Tim did for him when he was having trouble with his car after it was driven back from Georgia to NY :hail2:

did you guys see the artical that i posted? that is the one where they say that the novi 2000 tested better then 1000 on the GT. that was with an intercooler, i think. the end of the artical gets a bit confuseing to me.

is an intercooler the way to go?

Gearbanger 101 said:
If you can afford it, it will enable you to spin either blower a lot harder, without elevating air temperatures into the extreme. Not to mention come in handy on those hot days at the track. Ice water anyone? :D
The Novi 2000 uses an air-to-air intercooler. There is no water or ice involved. But yes, you should get one with your Novi 2000.