Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

Warmup enrichment should only be tuned once the ve table has been adjusted. Unless the enrichment is so far out that the car ceases function.

Open loop control.....that makes more sense now, with open loop control the ECU simply adjusts the valve to the settings that you have predetermined. Simply put the value you have set as the lowest "step" is too high. The valve may not even be moving at all depending on the settings you have in place.
I'm pretty sure the tune I sent you was setup for closed loop idle. sometimes the settings change when loaded if there is a firmware code mismatch.

Can you screen shot the settings? I will review them and send you a picture of what to change them to.

Sure I'll do that. Probably be more accurate than what I did
The afr safety settings were off and it was set to open loop.
I changed it to closed loop.
Leaving the warmup enrichment alone, just changed the stepper values a bit and dropped the target RPM down as well.

Hopefully get a chance to try it tomorrow

Also wondering if the homing should be set the other way if it's opening the valve instead of closing it. Might tinker with that also. But I think it lies in there somewhere

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_8162.JPG
Well worth the wait

Reactions: 8 users
Here's a fun update

Steve's tunes haven't helped. It won't run, won't even idle high anymore.
I dug into the ECU pinouts and found that the IAC system was wired ass backwards.
(No big deal just a $1,700 system)
So I repinned it, no change.
Turns out the incorrect wiring most likely damaged the driver and now it needs sent in for repair. So it's been broken from the get-go.
Spent over a month working with a brick.

If the skies ever open up and they answer the phones I'll know if I can send it in.

IMG_8221.JPG
IMG_8223.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm knowing how the circuits are built in these things I doubt that it actually did any damage to the unit itself. However the tune I sent you is most definitely correct and should idle like a top.
Have you contacted them via email and the phones and still no answer? I have not had an issue like this with them before, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Hopefully it's something simple and an easy fix. I can't defend them on this one.

Hmm knowing how the circuits are built in these things I doubt that it actually did any damage to the unit itself. However the tune I sent you is most definitely correct and should idle like a top.
Have you contacted them via email and the phones and still no answer? I have not had an issue like this with them before, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Hopefully it's something simple and an easy fix. I can't defend them on this one.
Sorry, I realize that might have read as me bashing your tuning. That's certainly not the case. There's just too much stuff wrong. It cranks and runs for probably 2 seconds and then sputters out.
I truly don't understand.

I've never gotten someone to answer the phone. I sent them an email tonight so we will see.

I don't know how to say this,
I like that you didn't hack anything to put that in but, ahh, it don't look right, but I'm sure you'll figuare something out.
It'll be a lot better when it's done. Don't want it in the ash tray and it can't fit in the console.
Looks are great but it's more important I be able to reach it when I'm strapped in

Reactions: 1 user
It'll be a lot better when it's done. Don't want it in the ash tray and it can't fit in the console.
Looks are great but it's more important I be able to reach it when I'm strapped in
* ahem*
I do not like that Sam I am...
I do not like it on a box...
I do not like it in a fox....
I do not like it better-n-most.....
I do NOT like it on a post..
Fix it, fix it won't you Tan,.......
Cause that looks like green eggs and ham.
* ahem*....;)

A shifter like that is difficult to integrate into a stock interior where it won't look like it's from Mars, regardless of where you put it. So this is gonna be a "damned if you do" situation regardless. By itself, it's a pretty piece of machinery,..But when you put it into an interior on top of a plastic console,....It just looks wrong.

This is just what I see from the pic, and just my opinion. I understand that it's always about ergonomics when fitting stuff that is accessible from a strapped in position,...but rather than "forward and up",......why not just move it back? That ash tray door is just beggin to be covered by the aluminum stand that that shifter came with. I'd build the necessary reinforcement under that on the tunnel, and the btch would be right there at my side, partially hidden by the seats.

No reaching,..all just as casual as if your arm was resting on the console lid.

Are you calling this number?

678-261-8789

Cause they just answered it for me.

* ahem*
I do not like that Sam I am...
I do not like it on a box...
I do not like it in a fox....
I do not like it better-n-most.....
I do NOT like it on a post..
Fix it, fix it won't you Tan,.......
Cause that looks like green eggs and ham.
* ahem*....;)

A shifter like that is difficult to integrate into a stock interior where it won't look like it's from Mars, regardless of where you put it. So this is gonna be a "damned if you do" situation regardless. By itself, it's a pretty piece of machinery,..But when you put it into an interior on top of a plastic console,....It just looks wrong.

This is just what I see from the pic, and just my opinion. I understand that it's always about ergonomics when fitting stuff that is accessible from a strapped in position,...but rather than "forward and up",......why not just move it back? That ash tray door is just beggin to be covered by the aluminum stand that that shifter came with. I'd build the necessary reinforcement under that on the tunnel, and the btch would be right there at my side, partially hidden by the seats.

No reaching,..all just as casual as if your arm was resting on the console lid.

Are you calling this number?

678-261-8789

Cause they just answered it for me.

That's the number, yes. Matt Cramer sent me a test to do today to see if the driver is hurt. If it's not he wants to see my tune, otherwise they sent me a form to return the ECU for repair.