tax returns kick ass!!!!

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
well my federal return came in today:cheers: :banana: i just paid off my 4 wheeler loan!!! well the only thing standing between me and my KB is a little matter of $570. so i am needing some opinions on what i should do next. should i

finish paying off the loan and then build the 8.8, then take the loan for the KB

get the loan for the KB and enough extra to pay off the loan and rear end

and also should i buy the KB and install it myself $5200 plus the tune or buy the MPH KB kit for $6300 and just drop it off to get done??

i dont think the install woudl be too hard. i'm pretty good at that kinda stuff. what do ya'll think???

• Sponsors (?)

Pay off all your debts for anything you may owe money on. Then start saving. Taking out loans to do car mods doesnt seem like a very smart financial desicion.

If you are getting a lot of money back from a tax return, then you are losing an opprotunity to let the money work for you during the year. I dont think it is a good deal to loan the government a bunch of money for free.

well i know it would take me at least 2 years to save enough cash to but the KB straight out. the reason i'm wanting to get everything now is b/c i'm getting married in september. i want to get all this stuff done before i get hitched, while i still can!!!! i just called KB and the total price is $5632 for the 1.7 IC kit with the big tube intake 90mm mass air and switch chip.

1) anytime anyone brags abouttheir tax return, people always tell them they are getting their own money back... as if anyone does not know that

2) anytime anyone talks about borrowing money for mods everyone tells them bad idea... its true, best not to mention that if you do not want to "hear it"

3) Kenne Bell install: http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=51

4) the KB is a complete kit, everything is included even the tune

Kilgore Trout said:
1) anytime anyone brags abouttheir tax return, people always tell them they are getting their own money back... as if anyone does not know that

:lol: You are so correct.

If you are getting that kind of money back, you need to get someone to help you out. All that means is you gave the government an interest free loan for the whole year.

I'd rather have that money in a Mutual fund, heck even in a money market account making me money instead of lending it for free.

I dont mean to be a negative nancy.....but you want to get this loan for the mods before you get married because you are afraid the wife might not go for it?

I dont know man....maybe you should get married first, let things settle, and re-evaluate. How would you feel if your wife to be told you...oh yeah....we've got to pay this 6K loan I got before we got married for shoes and clothes?

I think it would be nice to use that money for a house or something, get some equity built up, sell the house and use that money for a KB.

I feel where you are at though. I had a mustang fund saved up, then I bought a house, then I had it built back up again, and bought an engagement ring for the lady.

There are more imporant things in life then a fast car.

Either way....best of luck to you.

well i'm 22 and i already own a house. it was left to me by my aunt and uncle when i was 18. we have 4 vehicles 3 of which are paid off and the only car payment i have is on my stang and there is only 10 k left. i have the extra cawsh to spare but i just cant save up $6,000. i just paid off my 4 wheeler. that was a $7000 loan paid in full in less than a year when it was financed for 3. i just cant believe that everyone has paid cash for all their supercharger and engine mods!! i'm great at paying bills early, but cant save money for ****.