Tech somewhere told me 87-93 shocks dont work on our cars

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
My cars lowered 2 inches with eibach sportlines. I believe it was MM I talked to and they said something about in the rear the 87-93 shocks wont work on our cars do to a change in the shock mount or something like that. I know of course the 87-93 struts work fine.

Is this true, ready to order struts and shocks.

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

Found this in a thread just a minute ago

STRAIGHT from Maximum motorsports:

"There should not be a big debate over which year dampers to use. 1994+ rear shocks are recommended in all 1979-2004 (solid axle) Mustangs because they offer a reduction of excessive droop travel and a slight increase in bump travel, they are also stronger. 1994+ shocks can be used in FOX Mustangs but FOX shocks cannot be used in 1994+ Mustangs. People use the FOX struts in 1994+ Mustangs because they are shorter and provide an increase in bump travel on lowered Mustangs. However, if you will be using caster camber plates there is no reason to use the shorter struts because the caster camber plate can raise the strut shaft up higher, closer to the hood, to accomplish the exact same goal. Mustang owners who install the shorter struts along with caster camber plates often reduce available droop travel to the point where the front tires will start to lift off the ground when traversing a steep driveway because there is not enough droop travel."

So theres the answer. This has to be a new discovery/theory because there is a million people on this board running 87-93 struts with aftermarket caster/camber plates.

Josh

Found this in a thread just a minute ago

STRAIGHT from Maximum motorsports:

"There should not be a big debate over which year dampers to use. 1994+ rear shocks are recommended in all 1979-2004 (solid axle) Mustangs because they offer a reduction of excessive droop travel and a slight increase in bump travel, they are also stronger. 1994+ shocks can be used in FOX Mustangs but FOX shocks cannot be used in 1994+ Mustangs. People use the FOX struts in 1994+ Mustangs because they are shorter and provide an increase in bump travel on lowered Mustangs. However, if you will be using caster camber plates there is no reason to use the shorter struts because the caster camber plate can raise the strut shaft up higher, closer to the hood, to accomplish the exact same goal. Mustang owners who install the shorter struts along with caster camber plates often reduce available droop travel to the point where the front tires will start to lift off the ground when traversing a steep driveway because there is not enough droop travel."

So theres the answer. This has to be a new discovery/theory because there is a million people on this board running 87-93 struts with aftermarket caster/camber plates.

Josh

Thats what I said alright :nice: