Termi swap

You would get a wow factor with the terminator engine....and a bigger wow factor with a coyote...

The boss block builds are pretty strong. There are people running over 1k with boss blocks. Engine swaps can make repairs a serious PITA. Those engines are nice...but if something fails you're in for it.

You can make ridiculous power with a Boss based engine...especially if a power adder is bolted on. In all reality, how much power can you truly put to the ground on the street ? A power quest is a money pit waiting to happen. From driving various fast fox bodies I'd say the sweet spot is about 350 to 400hp. When you get above that the car can get sketchy real quick on the road.

• Sponsors (?)

You would get a wow factor with the terminator engine....and a bigger wow factor with a coyote...

The boss block builds are pretty strong. There are people running over 1k with boss blocks. Engine swaps can make repairs a serious PITA. Those engines are nice...but if something fails you're in for it.

You can make ridiculous power with a Boss based engine...especially if a power adder is bolted on. In all reality, how much power can you truly put to the ground on the street ? A power quest is a money pit waiting to happen. From driving various fast fox bodies I'd say the sweet spot is about 350 to 400hp. When you get above that the car can get sketchy real quick on the road.
Pics of what the cluster or the car lol
i was referring to the cluster, my fault. But if you have both let’s see”em!

I’m not looking to make crazy power, I’ll never use it all, but I guess it’s nice to know you have it? As cool as it sounds to do the swap, the more I think about it financially it just doesn’t make sense to spend all that for less when I could have more

Reactions: 1 user
My car is at around 500 with a few bucks under the hood....my whole build so far would be around 30k. That's everything bumper to bumper if I had to build a twin...price of car included. These things add up quick and the only thing that's high dollar is my engine stuff.

Swaps are really cool though. Ford performance sells an ecoboost 2.3 kit. Its capable of good power, lighten, and super efficient. In a fox probably around 35mpg.

This is what I'd do...but I'm different. Imagine a svo clone or original with one of these under the hood. Over 300hp 350tq. Add a better turbo, intake, and cams...450+

Screenshot_20190116-152637_Chrome.jpg

Are these any good?
33F971E3-309A-4F9C-A095-E70AD7BCAAEB.jpeg

I've upgraded my blower, pumps, fuel lines, and injectors. On the street, I typically run around 510 RWHP, however, a quick pulley change, and putting E85 in the tank bumps that up to about 800.

At that level, you NEED TO PUT ALOT of focus on the suspension and tires or it will get out of control quickly. On mine, there's coilovers on the front (soon to be rear too), Strange 10 ways in each corner, all rear torque boxes reinforced, solid mounts for all rear control arms, 285 width/soft compound rear tires, 04 Cobra rear brakes, 14" GT500 front brakes, and a Detroit Locker diff.

With those upgrades, the car handles pretty darn good when I floor it.