Progress Thread Tfs 205cc 302 Build

Ordered a SVE aluminum radiator,Black Magic elec fan and misc extras. I drove the car a block down to the shop without a fan and belt lol. It only started to get some temp on the gauge. Oil pressure is good and other than the exhaust leak it sounds/acts fine. So fingers crossed....?

• Sponsors (?)

I am pulling drivetrain out of car. The compression test was good so going to go through the bottom end next. I wanted to be more "present" while we tore into this but my work hours aren't going to allow it. 6-6 monday/Friday and 5 hours on Saturdays for the next couple months. But on the bright side it should be on the road within next few weeks. Guess I'll have to be content with only a "progress" thread:O_o:

Reactions: 2 users
You will love the fan . I do I shut the car off it heat soaks to 196/200 . Start it and it pulls right to 184-186 with all the heat from the blower and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
I am pulling drivetrain out of car. The compression test was good so going to go through the bottom end next. I wanted to be more "present" while we tore into this but my work hours aren't going to allow it. 6-6 monday/Friday and 5 hours on Saturdays for the next couple months. But on the bright side it should be on the road within next few weeks. Guess I'll have to be content with only a "progress" thread:O_o:

Heck that's how mine are labeled, and one was practically stripped down to a shell with just me and the boy... don't feel bad. Lol..

Heck that's how mine are labeled, and one was practically stripped down to a shell with just me and the boy... don't feel bad. Lol..
Lol. I was just being a smartass don't really care. Just got done reading that other thread and found it "interesting?" Is all. And there hasn't been much "building" in this one yet. Just got notice LMR delivered all my goodies. So I can eventually take it to the shop. So some progress(no wisecrack intended).

Lmao
Inserts *middle finger emoticon*
Have you heard from your "tuner" yet on the spark issue? Guess I could/should post that on your thread. Oh well...

Going to register the car today and drop off registration and plates to the shop today. I'm hoping and praying that I see my car inside the shop instead of sitting outside where it was dropped off about 11 days go still untouched. I am not the most patient person, I'm really struggling with this to be honest.

I almost decided to go ahead and throw a new stroker together but I really want to see what a stock shortblock will do. I also would like to repaint and restore/modify the interior over the next year or so. I will do the interior work myself but not the paint(I have 0 experience at body/paint work). I also want to convert to 5 lug w/disc brakes and some nice wheels/tires. So I'm saving some $$ and just doing the 302/T5.

Here is what is going into the motor:
80mm Pro-M,Anderson power pipe,75mm polished Accufab TB w/egr spacer,Holley systemaxII intake, a new GSS340 pump,TFS 30# inj,TFS 205cc 11r heads w/56cc chambers and cometic gaskets to increase compression as much as possible. Comp cams ultra 1.6rr,new pushrods(I will let you know the size when they are measured),a custom Bullet hyd roller cam Spec'd by Brian Friedantag(Freezy),reusing stock lifters,dogbone etc,polished canton valve covers,Pioneer sfi balancer,Edelbrock wp,new timing cover,misc arp bolts and head studs,new mellings oil pump,misc felpro gaskets. BBK 1 5/8"LT's and 2 1/2" o/r H-pipe. Black magic elec fan kit,130 amp alt,new alum radiator. I believe that's it.

So using a rebuild kit from Astro for the T5 w/ mm clutch cable kit. I am going to put in a new clutch also. I haven't decided on the ram or another king cobra. I really liked the KC previously and it's not in terrible shape but will need to be replaced IMO.

All said and done I'm hoping for a solid 12 second timeslip(possibly 11's w/a slick). I also can drive a 100+ miles on a weekend without a concern. I also would like to take it to some car shows and "represent" my "5.0 Mustang Love" lol.

I almost decided to go ahead and throw a new stroker together but I really want to see what a stock shortblock will do. I also would like to repaint and restore/modify the interior over the next year or so. I will do the interior work myself but not the paint(I have 0 experience at body/paint work). I also want to convert to 5 lug w/disc brakes and some nice wheels/tires. So I'm saving some $$ and just doing the 302/T5.

Here is what is going into the motor:
80mm Pro-M,Anderson power pipe,75mm polished Accufab TB w/egr spacer,Holley systemaxII intake, a new GSS340 pump,TFS 30# inj,TFS 205cc 11r heads w/56cc chambers and cometic gaskets to increase compression as much as possible. Comp cams ultra 1.6rr,new pushrods(I will let you know the size when they are measured),a custom Bullet hyd roller cam Spec'd by Brian Friedantag(Freezy),reusing stock lifters,dogbone etc,polished canton valve covers,Pioneer sfi balancer,Edelbrock wp,new timing cover,misc arp bolts and head studs,new mellings oil pump,misc felpro gaskets. BBK 1 5/8"LT's and 2 1/2" o/r H-pipe. Black magic elec fan kit,130 amp alt,new alum radiator. I believe that's it.

So using a rebuild kit from Astro for the T5 w/ mm clutch cable kit. I am going to put in a new clutch also. I haven't decided on the ram or another king cobra. I really liked the KC previously and it's not in terrible shape but will need to be replaced IMO.

All said and done I'm hoping for a solid 12 second timeslip(possibly 11's w/a slick). I also can drive a 100+ miles on a weekend without a concern. I also would like to take it to some car shows and "represent" my "5.0 Mustang Love" lol.

Well bud.. I hope you are happy with it. If your finances can allow it, I'll continue campaigning for you to go with a stroker if you aren't using forced induction. Back around 1988 I realized an n/a 302 was jack compared to a 351 and haven't looked back, until recently shifting to turbo... and to be honest, I'm still not nuts about the lack of low end torque. I can't wait to get my 363 built.

I'm not trying to be a black cloud..but there is a world of difference in a 302 and a 347 or 351, or a 363, or a 393, or a 408.... (you get the picture) The torque. Dear sweet goodness, it's the difference between hey, that's fun, and OMG HOLY@$#&*!!!!.......

Well bud.. I hope you are happy with it. If your finances can allow it, I'll continue campaigning for you to go with a stroker if you aren't using forced induction. Back around 1988 I realized an n/a 302 was jack compared to a 351 and haven't looked back, until recently shifting to turbo... and to be honest, I'm still not nuts about the lack of low end torque. I can't wait to get my 363 built.

I'm not trying to be a black cloud..but there is a world of difference in a 302 and a 347 or 351, or a 363, or a 393, or a 408.... (you get the picture) The torque. Dear sweet goodness, it's the difference between hey, that's fun, and OMG HOLY@$#&*!!!!.......
Oh I agree on the torque. I've driven a few big blocks. I'll be satisfied for awhile with this. I think. Lol. The track days will eventually see some nitrous and that will put it up into the 500+ ft lbs torque area.

At least with your list of parts most of them will be transferrable to a stroker so it's not too big of a deal. This lets you get some more HP while being able to afford interior upgrades, 5 lug disc swap and new wheels. That's a big chunk of cash. Doing a 393 or 408 would leave you 4lug and broke for other supporting upgrades so I think your patience is key for the long journey ahead.

Reactions: 1 users