THE FUNNY AND THE WEIRD THINGS WE DO THAT LET US KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR CAR...

CobraSVT95

Jun 18, 2004
THE FUNNY AND THE WEIRD THINGS WE DO THAT LET US KNOW WE LOVE OUR CARS...

What this thread is all about is i want anyone to post anything that they think is funny or weird that they do for their cars

such as:

-washing, waxing, or cleaning obsessively
-you have a v6 or stock v8 yet you pump 91 octane
-instead of buying lunch you spend your last few bucks on tire shine
-you keep one or more towels in your car for those unwanted fingerprints or sprays of dirt
-your ignore everyone else's opinion on what products to use on your car and just try all of them
-you change your oil monthly
-your late to work because of a last second wash due to the rain the night before
-you keep a small detail shop in your trunk just in case
-you hesitate before answering your girlfriend (after a year) when she asks "So which one of us do you like more?"
HAVE FUN GUYS!
:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

i sometimes wish i was more obsessed with my car. i can go for a whole month without washing it.
BUT I JUST REMEMBERED WHY:
i was trautamized cause i would wash it every week and every time i would wash it, it would rain that night or the next day. i swear, it was like a law, if neighbors saw me washing my car, they would yell out to me asking me if i was getting ready for the rain the following day. but now, when i wash it, i do obsess with it, i can't even see a small spec cause i'm there cleaning it off. i fall in love all over again with my car every time i wash it and see it nice and clean.

I've driven my car 2600 miles since last April or May. Yes, April or May of 2003. :D

After I wash it, and I'm not going to drive it for a little, it sits in a climate controlled garage under one of those $250 custom California car covers. :rolleyes:

I don't wash it that much because I don't drive it enough to get dirty. I wax it about 6 times a year. I think I'm normal. :rolleyes:

Joe

1. I've had my house for a little over 4 years and my car has not spent even one night outside during that time. Always in the garage.

2. I also never keep anything in the car except for a toolbox, air pump, extra belt, and a bottle of coolant. That's it. Nothing is ever left on the seats, floor, or trunk.

3. I have a medium sized picture frame on my desk at work with two pictures of my car. My wife made that for me (pretty cool). :) Seems strange to everyone else, because when you face my desk the only picture visible is my car (wife's pictures are only visible from my viewpoint).

and........

4. Many times I'll take my wife's car because it is raining. Not so much recently.

Not terribly weird, but slightly obsessive I think. :)

17yrOldStanger said:
i dont let fat kids ride in my car in fear that they will destroy the upholstery.
:rlaugh: :lol:

i will not let anyone lean on my car, eat in my car, smoke in my car (even though i started smoking again i will not have one in my car), tap their fingers on my roof to a song thats on the radio or stuck in their crooked little head, and i usually do not let anyone ride in the back. thats about all i can think of at the moment.

i waste tons of money on gas because i like driving it so much, i just go drive around for the fun of it. if someone tries to pick a fight or talks "$hit" or anything stupid like that i stay away from it (which is smart anyways) in fear they might do something to my car, thats how people are in my town. i wanna move to florida. it sucks to have someone start something with you for no reason at all and have to walk away because you dont want them to hurt your car, but i guess its the smart choice either way.

I hate it when people lean on my car. I also hate it when people close my doors holding onto the window then there is greasy finger prints all over the window, I always have to wipe those off, lol maybe thats a bit obsessive. Also in almost two years I have put a grand total of 4,000 miles on the car. I will not take it out in the rain. Oh and since ive owned it, it has not been dirty. :nice: