Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

8 pages! I had to go back 8 pages to find this sucker.

Yesterday was a big day. I finished up all of the house projects I've been breaking my balls on to finish the last few months:
- New floors (Never ever doing this myself again, btw)
- scraped popcorn ceilings and retextured
- added crown molding
- redid fireplace with stone and made a new mantle
- fixed all the janky cabinets
- New water heater
- new mixture valve for shower
- sold all the excess sh*t in a garage sale

It's at the point where I am going to call in a crew of painters to paint 2/3 of the house because IM NOT EFFING PAINTING SH*T.

This is a big deal because it allows me to have spare time again, and my wife agreed I can get back to my car. WOOO!

However, I still don't have a block. I was promised tomorrow. But I've been promised "next week" for 2 months now, so if it isn't ready tomorrow, I'm going to ask for my money back and figure something else out. I may have to settle for a JY 351 again, but I just need to get it running somehow. Cross your fingers that I post a pic of a fresh block tomorrow!

Reactions: 5 users
Damn man, you've been busy. I would install flooring in my whole damn house before wanting to scrape a popcorn ceiling and retexture. That mess is for people with way more ambition than me.

Good luck with the block issue. Hopefully they come through for you. If not, did I hear Dart 363 somewhere? Oh yeah, it was in my head, but sounds like fun.

Damn man, you've been busy. I would install flooring in my whole damn house before wanting to scrape a popcorn ceiling and retexture. That mess is for people with way more ambition than me.

Good luck with the block issue. Hopefully they come through for you. If not, did I hear Dart 363 somewhere? Oh yeah, it was in my head, but sounds like fun.
Having done both, I'd go ceilings all day any day. What kills me on the floors is all the little cuts around corners and the like. No sir.

For me it's the opposite. I'd take flooring over having all of that sht falling on you from above. I've done it using water to release it. It comes off easily enough, but a lot of times there was shoddy finish work under the popcorn. And I always ended up causing the joint tape to lift in the corners.

Nope,..ill take having to cut a ding-dang out of a piece of flooring everytime.

Well,...that was before the new knees. Now I can't do jack.