Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Kitchen and house are juuuust about done. Tickled shtless with the end product.

...yes, we are replacing the lights too.
D1F98BE4-951D-48D4-B646-F923C828C5E3.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
Looks really good. You did all of it yourself?
Some, but i hired out the paint and countertops. I did the cabinets, backsplash, and the flooring.

Collin, are you going back with a 351, or did you go to a 408? Seems like I remember you having another crank or something.

Kitchen looks good too!

Joe

Stayed 351, but forged pistons and a scat crank i got in trade a while back. Stock rods.

Reactions: 1 users
They’re good for well past what I’m going to be making with them. Just easy driving for a while to the office and back, which is mostly all traffic. Can’t afford to fix it if i turn it up and break stuff.

But to answer your questions, Tony Reiners went high 9s on a GT-40 headed stock van motor with a biggo turbo.

I apologize for whoring out my kitchen pictures, but i can’t put into words how ecstatic i am that my house is finally finished!!!

52DE0F5A-7F4A-4B98-85F7-BF70581371B7.jpeg

But all that means is i can get back on the car now. Might have the motor back in by next weekend?

Reactions: 8 users
I have a dumb question that I probably know the answer to, but here goes....

I bought a complete gasket set a while back off a dude here and the USPS did a number on it. The head gaskets got pretty folded and don't look great. Are they still useable?

I have 0 budget left, actually it's negative. The assembly bill was about $300 over budget.....