the new rearend goes in today!

DerekStangGT

My package is in the mail!
Feb 18, 2003
yeah, the rearend ive had in my sig forever. its finally being installed. i should have it back this evening, tomarrow at the latest. im pretty stoked. then i'll be mounting up the new 275/35/18 BFGoodrich G Force Sport on Friday or Saturday. welcome back traction! :D

EDIT: got the car back, but only driven it maybe 10 miles so far. im trying to take it easy for a bit. it feels good though, i gave in some gas in second, where it would normally losr traction, and it bit. i also took a 90* angle turn pretty quick to see how it would distribute power. felt great, no spin at all, when normally i'd have been sideways. im very excited to drive the car more, but im at work now. :(

• Sponsors (?)

stangGT97 said:
cool man! just curious, why did you pick the Torsen differential? I'm considering my options for a built rear so I'd like to know your thoughts
well, im not a hardcore drag racer, so i didnt need/want a spool (which locks the two axles all the time, horrible for handling), and didnt want a locker, which is along the same lines as a spool, it locks the two wheels together most of the time. my car is more geared toward road racing and handling, so i wanted a posi that would compliment the suspension mods i have. the Torsen T2 is supposed to be the top of the line as far as diffs go. it locks the rear axles in straight line acceleration (for when i do go to the track), but is very efficient at giving power to the outer wheel during hard cornering, which is what you want for maximum handling/traction on a RWD car.

DerekStangGT said:
well, im not a hardcore drag racer, so i didnt need/want a spool (which locks the two axles all the time, horrible for handling), and didnt want a locker, which is along the same lines as a spool, it locks the two wheels together most of the time. my car is more geared toward road racing and handling, so i wanted a posi that would compliment the suspension mods i have. the Torsen T2 is supposed to be the top of the line as far as diffs go. it locks the rear axles in straight line acceleration (for when i do go to the track), but is very efficient at giving power to the outer wheel during hard cornering, which is what you want for maximum handling/traction on a RWD car.

cool. if you don't mind me asking, how much would a torsen diff. cost?