The tach works !!! Fired the car up and the Ford Racing tach works.

20210130_115231.jpg

Ordered Daniel Carpenter door seals, console armrest parts, seat belt sleeves, the Motorcraft window banner, and some other stuff from NPD.

Going to try and get the doors aligned properly this week. Then maybe the fenders back on and lined up. There are a couple spots where I want to redo the seam sealer. That may have to wait though.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Lots of black ice this morning...and I ain't talkin' 'bout air freshners. Took the s550 eco out on my way to work a slid out more times than were comfortable. When I was young I would've been sideways all over the place with a big smile on my face...but not now. Kept thinking about the sound of crushing metal and breaking plastic. Flashes of unmatched paint repair jobs and depreciated values. Needless to say I turned around, came home, and told the guys at work I wasn't coming in. That was after I waited 2 hours for the daylight to melt some stuff. The weather app lied. They said it was going to be 36 this morning....it was 28.

Good news is I got the doors aligned properly. Had to use a 2x4 on both sides to twist the doors. Tops above the handles were popping out about 1/8. Fixed that right up. The striker bushing on the passenger door disintegrated and caused a trip to O'Riellys. The replacement bushings are too thick causing the latch to hang up. I had found some gray ones that I used to cut to size for this very reason years ago. I think they were for GM but were just like the gray ones that came on our cars from the factory. Right now everything works and will wait until after I get the weatherstripping and stuff installed. The drivers side was done in 10 minutes. Removed the striker, cracked the door open, jacked it up, loosened the hinge bolts, used my little 1/4 thick trim panel tool, put 2x4 between door at the bottom, pushed a few times, set the striker, and done. Passenger side had way more cussing...way more time loosening and tightening the hinge bolts...about 2.5 hours of, " what the f&*# ???, how the f&*# ???, f&*#, f&*# and more f&*# !!!..oh and a few " ya freakin' piece of $h!t !!!".

There was no rust on either side and no evidence of the passenger side ever being touched. I did the drivers side a few years ago when I did the hinge pins but didn't make it as good as it could've been.

That's done....on to the next thing to piddle with.

Reactions: 1 users
I will need you to drop by and help me adjust my doors.... I have a feeling this is the reason why my driver door seems to be flexed away from top frame and causes leaks.. I never would have thought the door would need to be tweaked

I will need you to drop by and help me adjust my doors.... I have a feeling this is the reason why my driver door seems to be flexed away from top frame and causes leaks.. I never would have thought the door would need to be tweaked

All it takes is a 2x4 and a few shoves being careful not to dent the door. I had to do it to my convertible, too. These doors actually flex pretty easy. 2x4 goes in the bottom of the door frame straight up. It should wedge there without touching the bottom lip of the door.

I wish I would've taken before picks.

Edit; the window position is determined by the window guide and bushings. If the door is tweaked it'll poke out above the door handle. Won't sit flush with quarter.

Any excuse for me to come to FL is good enough for me.

All it takes is a 2x4 and a few shoves being careful not to dent the door. I had to do it to my convertible, too. These doors actually flex pretty easy. 2x4 goes in the bottom of the door frame straight up. It should wedge there without touching the bottom lip of the door.

I wish I would've taken before picks.

Edit; the window position is determined by the window guide and bushings. If the door is tweaked it'll poke out above the door handle. Won't sit flush with quarter.

Any excuse for me to come to FL is good enough for me
It wont matter in a few months anyway, I have a new set of doors to put on the car before paint.

The things we come across at work. What the heck is this.... Fisker EVer KARMA ???

20210203_110110.jpg

20210203_110126.jpg

I Googled it. It has a 2.0 GM ecotech engine ( ew !!! ) and the roof is one big solar panel for the hybrid system.

The things we come across at work. What the heck is this.... Fisker EVer KARMA ???

20210203_110110.jpg

20210203_110126.jpg

I Googled it. It has a 2.0 GM ecotech engine ( ew !!! ) and the roof is one big solar panel for the hybrid system.
And being a trade-in at Carmax it'll be off to wholesale soon.

That's Bob Lutz's latest misadventure. After bankrupting Exide and GM, helping preside over Chrysler's sale to Mercedes, and being fired by Ford over Merkur, that's the latest work of the so-called "guru of the auto industry".

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
And being a trade-in at Carmax it'll be off to wholesale soon.

That's Bob Lutz's latest misadventure. After bankrupting Exide and GM, helping preside over Chrysler's sale to Mercedes, and being fired by Ford over Merkur, that's the latest work of the so-called "guru of the auto industry".

Read that a Chinese ( huge parts manufacturing company ) bought them ( KARMA ) out of bankruptcy and they started another company called Fisker Inc. that's producing cars in SoCal. Stock is at 14 bucks a share....with his ties to the big bailout companies I'm sure they will get a Biden check. Might shoot a couple bucks on them.

It looks way better than any other EV currently on the market..Anybody else seen the barrage of commercials running for the new Lucid air?

If these other guys can make a gorgeous EV, why does the rest of the world have to settle for the rolling buck teeth that are BMW I-3, Nissan Leaf, Tesla model anything?

Reactions: 1 user
It looks way better than any other EV currently on the market..Anybody else seen the barrage of commercials running for the new Lucid air?

If these other guys can make a gorgeous EV, why does the rest of the world have to settle for the rolling buck teeth that are BMW I-3, Nissan Leaf, Tesla model anything?
The Lucid Air looks like a Dodge Charger made love to a Hyundai Azera. :crazy:

The Fisker Karma is a gorgeous machine though.

@90sickfox , the "EVer" stands for "electric vehicle, extended range".

On the short list of things I miss about my time at a Carmax production store is all the crazy and wonderful stuff I got to see in wholesale. Various Lotuses, a few Lambos, several Hellcat cars, Vipers, the rare classic (including a '72 Ford Courier I got screwed out the chance to buy by a salesperson)... Hell, I bought my 4Runner out of Carmax wholesale, and it's been my best vehicle purchase out of about twenty over the last twenty years.

Man...I should've stuck with LMR. My parts came in. The Daniel Carpenter door seals are really nice. The seat belt sleeves are bright red and don't match my interior...but no one will see them by the console. The banner is great !!!

The console lid is a flaming piece of $%it !!! It takes a different type screw. Didnt know that until I broke a screw off in it trying to thread the holes. That led me to take my lid foam off the plastic inner structure. The part the factory screw goes into. I the proceeded to take the rusted pice of flat steel out of the NPD one. ( rusty pos ) I used my dremel on the foam to get my plastic structure to fit inside the ( now ) cover for the armrest. Got that done and 2 sided taped on the fu#ker. Installed it and it fits like holy hell. Way too narrow. After trying to get the broken screw out it was a lost cause anyways. In the trash it goes.

To top it all off I had to call them to get a tracking number. The online site said I had no orders. Never notified me that it shipped or anything. They have stuff that can't be found anywhere else but I think I'm done with them for a while.

New armrest is ordered from LMR as we speak.

I'll try to update pics tomorrow. I was super frustrated and working in a frenzy...no time in-between cussing to take any.

Man...I should've stuck with LMR. My parts came in. The Daniel Carpenter door seals are really nice. The seat belt sleeves are bright red and don't match my interior...but no one will see them by the console. The banner is great !!!

The console lid is a flaming piece of $%it !!! It takes a different type screw. Didnt know that until I broke a screw off in it trying to thread the holes. That led me to take my lid foam off the plastic inner structure. The part the factory screw goes into. I the proceeded to take the rusted pice of flat steel out of the NPD one. ( rusty pos ) I used my dremel on the foam to get my plastic structure to fit inside the ( now ) cover for the armrest. Got that done and 2 sided taped on the fu#ker. Installed it and it fits like holy hell. Way too narrow. After trying to get the broken screw out it was a lost cause anyways. In the trash it goes.

To top it all off I had to call them to get a tracking number. The online site said I had no orders. Never notified me that it shipped or anything. They have stuff that can't be found anywhere else but I think I'm done with them for a while.

New armrest is ordered from LMR as we speak.

I'll try to update pics tomorrow. I was super frustrated and working in a frenzy...no time in-between cussing to take any.
“ flaming piece of sht”,.....”rusty piece of sht”?....
Who do you sound like,...let me think.. :chin

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I need a new red console cover. Hope for an opinion when it comes. Reviews on them seem good with color match. We will see, gonna get one after your opinion.

The pics on LMR show a near perfect, if not perfect, match. Those seat belt sleeves are a touch brighter but close to the color red in my car. I ordered from NPD because I wanted the banner. Just threw in other parts just because I had an order going already. NPD has been decent in the past. Maybe they're just going through sumthin'. I'll give them a while to get themselves together. The last time I dealt with CJ Pony Parts was OK. I gave them time, too.

I'll be sure to post pics so you can see the color match.

The doors on my car close so much better. Advance sells a door latch pin with the proper bushing in the pack. Its gray unlike the assorted white ones. It works perfectly. No gaps between the door and seal at all. Very happy with the Daniel Carpenter made weatherstripping.

My rear quarter interior trim was a PITA to get out and back in. The front edge at the door wraps around the weatherstripping edge. My panels were warped and the screw holes were almost impossible to get to. A few screws are missing and a couple had the wrong type of screw. They should be the tapered head type. I guess over the 340,000 miles that this car was driven those panels were removed more than once or twice.

I did find out the it looks like the correct sealant is used on my quarter windows. That's good because that project is coming in the near future.

Still no pics. I'll post some eventually.