Things I learned From Stangnet.

~B7~ said:
All this talk and no one has mentioned putting the power to the ground yet?

Worthy suspension/weight mods should also be added. :)

Some people on here run in the 12's with a N/A bolt on car and suspension and less than 300rwhp. But there could also be a guy at the track with 450rwhp that runs low 13's with major traction issues. I would rather be driving the 450rwhp car than brag about the traction of my less powerful car. Elapsed Times are fun and nice to brag about. But when you are on the highway by yourself running 65mph, would you rather unleash 450rwhp to the ground, or a bolt on N/A car with meaningless suspension mods that are only good at the track? E.T. is important when you are racing for money.

Maybe its just me, but i would rather spend thousands of dollars throwing myself back into the seat with engine power, than having suspension mods that are only worthy of a timeslip and lackluster engine power. (i need to buy a supercharger :) )

• Sponsors (?)

StangYellow said:
Some people on here run in the 12's with a N/A bolt on car and suspension and less than 300rwhp. But there could also be a guy at the track with 450rwhp that runs low 13's with major traction issues. I would rather be driving the 450rwhp car than brag about the traction of my less powerful car. Elapsed Times are fun and nice to brag about. But when you are on the highway by yourself running 65mph, would you rather unleash 450rwhp to the ground, or a bolt on N/A car with meaningless suspension mods that are only good at the track? E.T. is important when you are racing for money.

Maybe its just me, but i would rather spend thousands of dollars throwing myself back into the seat with engine power, than having suspension mods that are only worthy of a timeslip and lackluster engine power. (i need to buy a supercharger :) )
i nominate you for coolest mother****er ever :rolleyes:

StangYellow said:

lol

bierbelly said:
I've found that the most notable improvement was when I traded my Mustang in for a Corvette! :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :spot:

Goodness, when will you guys ever learn. You leave the company making the last real American muscle car, to a company that makes its new GTO look like a Cavalier, and the new Vette look like some sort of funky drunk mans impression of the C5. So sad, enjoy GM craftsmanship. :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

97BlackSteed said:
Goodness, when will you guys ever learn. You leave the company making the last real American muscle car, to a company that makes its new GTO look like a Cavalier, and the new Vette look like some sort of funky drunk mans impression of the C5. So sad, enjoy GM craftsmanship. :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
funky drunk man's impression of the C5 :rlaugh:

I've learned that if the half-drunk shadetree mechanics on this board can install anything on a Mustang, so can I.

I've learned that there are much better drivers than I am, who can get quicker times with less HP (which makes me want to be a better driver)

I've learned that taking the car to the track is way more fun than I ever expected.

All in all it has made my Mustang-owning experience VERY much more enjoyable. Thanks. :nice:

97BlackSteed said:

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Wow... You gonna skin that smoke wagon or stand there and bleed.....

Im not saying there isnt any glory in having a quick dragstrip car. Everyone has their own direction with their Mustang. Automatic weapon up there has a low 12 second car which is very commendable and respectable. The average villiage idiot like myself wouldnt be able to pull something like that off. But at the same token, i dont live at the track, and I dont go there very often. I do however drive my car alot, and I would find the car much more entertaining to have a jaw dropping dyno chart than have a jaw dropping 60ft time. Thats all im saying. Thanks for the sarcastic nomination BTW

4.6modular said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Wow... You gonna skin that smoke wagon or stand there and bleed.....
Well, I'm not overly impressed with the look of the new GTO...needs some fake hood scoops like the Mustang... :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

And, uh, I've got a C5, which IMHO, is the best looking Vette since the C2 and runs like a scared rabbit. Reserving opinions on the C6 'till I see one in the flesh, but obviously, I don't think a major overhaul of the C5 styling is really necessary. And the new LS2 engine appears to be a real smoker.

wjfawb0 said:
I wussed out and traded for an 03 Cobra.
However, easy and relatively cheap power for GT Mustangs comes from the centrifugal supercharger kits available. Modding is a big part of the fun, though. Just start with a plan when you begin to mod your car. You'll spend more wisely and get more power for your dollars.

-Jason
There ain't nothin wussy about buying a 03 Cobra... I'd be damn proud! :hail2: :nice:

03trubluGT said:
I'm trying to get to 300 RWHP the smart way.

I'm waiting on seeing what products really work, and weeding out the hype.

I'm only 29 HP away, and I've barely tapped the bolt on market.

Matt

272 RWHP with LTs, O/R X, catback, Accufab Plenum and TB and pulleys? The stock GT only cranks out 215-220. You gain over 50 HP with these mods? :shrug: