things that make you want to rip your hair out!

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
so i worked on my car all this afternoon and FINALLY got it running, it started up etc etc and ran pretty good. just needed to settle in and smooth out, nothing mechanically is wrong. BUT the daggum timing cover gasket is LEAKING WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess it could be worse. wont be all that bad i think.

for anyone who doesnt know, i had my engine all torn down to the shortblock replacing head gaskets and a few goodies.

• Sponsors (?)

94 gt Convertable window weatherstripping issue

Anyone know where to locate new weatherstripping for a gt conv 94 model?
I need it for both windows passenger and driver side. Imagine that... Ford does not list them for replacement parts.. HELP!!!!!

so i worked on my car all this afternoon and FINALLY got it running, it started up etc etc and ran pretty good. just needed to settle in and smooth out, nothing mechanically is wrong. BUT the daggum timing cover gasket is LEAKING WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess it could be worse. wont be all that bad i think.

for anyone who doesnt know, i had my engine all torn down to the shortblock replacing head gaskets and a few goodies.

How is that new intake working?

Anyone know where to locate new weatherstripping for a gt conv 94 model?
I need it for both windows passenger and driver side. Imagine that... Ford does not list them for replacement parts.. HELP!!!!!

Think you should make a new thread asking for help.

But check at 50resto.com

the new intake i made isnt on yet, it hit the FPR a little bit so i am going to get a 1 inch spacer for it. i am going to run the typhoon for a while to get a good baseline so i can note the change just the intake will make later on.

Yea, stuff like that does suck. Could be worse though, always thing of it that way!

yeah, i am very grateful the car runs well. it fired up pretty decently, with my 42 lb injectors and no tune it loads up real bad and its hard to start, have to floor the gas to get it start up. it wasnt timed dead on so that may have made it harder to start.

but it did hold an idle pretty easy, probably due to the excess fuel lol

i just put all the stuff back together so its all still fresh in my mind. i can probably have it apart and fixed in a day. i will get started on it tomorrow afternoon.

also with no tune my new wideband is all over the place. runs rich and lean, at idle it runs 17:1 or leaner, it pegged the gauge alot at idle, rev it up it goes crazy, it needs a tune lol. but the wideband is really cool.

and the f-cam sounds pretty nice also.

i will get some pics and vids as soon as shes running good! i need to get the car cleaned up, its been outside and its FILTHY

well for the few minutes i heard it run it sounded a little tougher lol, the idle was real low and the timing was off so it didnt really didnt sound normal. but the car was under a car port so the exhaust resonated all around and sounded nice lol.

well this afternoon it got real nice outside so i went out and tore the engine back down and got the timing cover off.

its amazing how efficient you can get working on a fox. ive worked on mine so much, i had a complete motor capable of running and had the whole front torn down and the timing cover off in around 2 hours, its pretty neat, i know what tools i need and etc hehe.

i think the reason i had the leak was i a used the wrong silicone, i used the brown crap. it wasnt really even set up, i pulled some out from inside the cover and it felt like play-doh. i got a new timing cover gasket set, i will clean and prep everything and seal her back up and hopefully have it back together as fast as i got it apart.

BTW are you suposed to use silicone on the timing gasket?? i always did, but the install sheet with my fel pro gaskets didnt say anything about silcone. the blue or black stuff really seems to work well i think i will use that.

i'll keep you all posted.

the ignition wire keeps coming off my starter, you know that really crappy push on one. nothing like going to start your car and then BOOM.. nothing happens.

hehe i sort of had a deal like that, when i had the engine apart when i initially tore it down, i was checking compression and the fuel rail was disconnected and when i had the car on and cranking it would shoot fuel out. so i unplugged the inertia switch int he trunk to solve the problem. well when went to fire it up yesterday i couldnt get any fuel and i forgot about unpluggin the switch a few months ago. so i was starting to freak out thinking i had a new problem then i found the plug and put it back in and it worked lol

I have had the same problems with the timing cover before, that stupid crap gasket that ford puts on like welds its self on, sometimes I just put ultra black on there and torque it back on and it holds, or you can do it the right way and strip the block and the cover down and put the gasket along with the ultra black and then it never leaks (although very time consuming if on an older engine) :rolleyes:

turns out the silicone wasnt the problem. i had the 2 WP gaskets mixed up, the one i had in front of the timing cover was the one that needed to mate the WP to the plate. lol silly me.

i had a dentist appt today so i got out of work early. i got a few hours to work on the car. i got the timing cover and WP etc etc back together. i pretty much got the car done. i got the accesories and blower etc on also. all i lack is the intake tubing and the radiator and filling with water.

its supposed to get cold the rest of the week so i will probably finish it all up this friday.