Thinking about selling my '00 R #3

CobraR#3

Apr 21, 2004
Dearborn
Well, it might be time. I'm thinking of selling my 2000 Cobra R. It's documented as one of SVT's show cars. #3 of 300 and the lowest released for sale. Any suggestions on a sale price? I hate to do it and wouldn't sell it if the price was too low. There are 13k miles on it now. There were 11k when I got it. Any suggestions on where to list it? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

CobraR#3 said:
Well, it might be time. I'm thinking of selling my 2000 Cobra R. It's documented as one of SVT's show cars. #3 of 300 and the lowest released for sale. Any suggestions on a sale price? I hate to do it and wouldn't sell it if the price was too low. There are 13k miles on it now. There were 11k when I got it. Any suggestions on where to list it? :shrug:

Is this the one with the MACH 460 radio installed?

CobraR#3 said:

Don't do it , you will regret it.

It's been a fun car. Maybe I'll keep it, maybe not. It depends on the new house payments. The radio goes in for regular driving. It comes out for major shows.... back to stock. I'd like to say it's the Mach 460, but it's really only the radio, CD player, and 2 front speakers. You can almost hear it.

The originals stickered for 55k, but sold in the 70k range. I was thinking Hemmings when I do try to sell it. Some collector out there with cash might want it.

tomabram said:
I wouldnt pay 40-50K for a Mustang if my life depended on it. You have to be crazy.

When I bought my 99GT, the dealer had one on the floor. I told him I'd write a check for it right then for the sticker price ($53,000 I think) and I would have. He said $70,000. I bought the GT.

Thank god because I'd a felt like an ass when the 03 came out. No offense CobraR#3 but I think they screwed you guys. Not that your car isn't special but to make a car with more power at almost half the price and a radio a year later really sucks. They should have given you 100 more horses IMO, that was a punch in the mouth.

Damn those are nice cars though.

sawman70 said:
When I bought my 99GT, the dealer had one on the floor. I told him I'd write a check for it right then for the sticker price ($53,000 I think) and I would have. He said $70,000. I bought the GT.

Thank god because I'd a felt like an ass when the 03 came out. No offense CobraR#3 but I think they screwed you guys. Not that your car isn't special but to make a car with more power at almost half the price and a radio a year later really sucks. They should have given you 100 more horses IMO, that was a punch in the mouth.

Damn those are nice cars though.

Well it was actually 2 years later. And I would rather have N/A power vice the same power through a power adder. I owned a SB 03 and have seen 3 00 Rs in person, I would much rather have the R.