Throttle Body / Plenum Recommendations

dustang50

Jan 12, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I'm looking at adding a TB/Plenum combo for a N/A 2002 GT. I've been talking with someone who says he can port & polish my stock TB & plenum for $100, and he claims that it will outflow any aftermarket setup.

So... any recommendations/tips? I do not plan on bolting on a S/C...

• Sponsors (?)

Buy new nothing can beat new. by the way you can't port the stock TB. I purcased a new dragon 75mm TB and upper plenum. The size increase from stock to 75 is amazing. I bought the dragon then found out that it flows the best compared to the rest according to mm&ff.
both were purchased from steeda.

accufab. Dont expect huge gains no matter which one you buy. You will only gain a little in the upper rpm's. May not be worth it if you are looking for performace mods with big gains. The accufab looks like a million bucks though.

The throttle body valve/butterfly is a set size, you cant change that, but everything else can be ported. Look at aftermarket plenums, they are shapped differently. A 75mm Accufab TB and Upper Plenum would be best!! :D 8-11 HP depending on what you read.

sorrry, I have to do it. I myself am a fan of the Accufab plenum and T/B, and will probably* be buying that combo. just remember you're paying about $100-$120 more than the others for a 1-2 hp gain. your call. Its a top notch product no doubt. If you ever plan on going FI, i suggest the Accufab 75mm

I had the accufab 70mm plenum and tb on my 01. I dont have any sotp bs or throttle response nutswinging to talk about. But they were good for 1.5mph plus on my 01 in the 1/4 closer to 2mph gain untuned.

accufab 75mm tb and c&l plenum

I installed the accufab 75mm tb and c&l plenum. Very nice upgrade with the JLT RAI install. One thing though, on the initial install the motor was all over the place on idle. I had to do the AIC (Idle Control) mod to straighten it out. After the fact, I would do this mod anyways. Much better throttle recovery and idle control.