Throttle body quality

Texstang9682

Oct 8, 2006
Austin, Texas
Hey I was going to buy one of Professional Products throttle body and plenum kits with the polished finish. Does any one have one of these kits on your car? How good do they look? Also 70 or 75 mm. I do plan on using nitrous soon. I will be getting the aluminum intake manifold for the nitrous. Any opinions are greatly apprciated!!! BY the way this is a great site for 4.6s. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard mixed reviews on them. If you want a budget Plenum go with Dragon or C&L... I'm running a full Accufab setup and feel that its the best. Quality and Performance, of course at a much bigger price than what you are looking at.

If you want the non-plastic intake I'd suggest the HPS intake as its similar design to the PP one, but made in america and I haven't seen any one dogging the quality yet.

ive heard of poor quality from professional products. Like a weak return spring or it gets soft over time, also the butterfly sticks sometimes.
Im going Accufab 75mm all the way

its about 700 bucks I think, its called the Hard Baller... HPS Solutions I think.. you're gonna have to google it cause I don't have the link on my lap top, and I'm lazy.

I've personally never heard of anyone who actually owned a PP tb + plenum have serious problems with it. it comes w/ more hardware than the accufab so it'll work with out extra vacuum nipples since it comes w/ both 96-98 and 99+ sizes. heres mine:
picture053yz7.jpg

Attachments

• picture053yz7.jpg
    picture053yz7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 38
myponyrocks said:
its about 700 bucks I think, its called the Hard Baller... HPS Solutions I think.. you're gonna have to google it cause I don't have the link on my lap top, and I'm lazy.

$700?!?! what a fruking rip! :nonono:

Just port the plenum yourself man. Just as effective, and WAY cheaper. And that money can go toward your n2o set up :D

Texstang9682 said:
Hey Ponyrocks, what is this HPS intake you speak of? Ive never heard about it. How much is it and where can I get details about it? I'm interested. Thanks for the reply!
Here is a link to the HPS!!:nice:
http://www.hiperformancesolutions.com/index2.html
As for plenum and throttle body,you pay for what you get in some respects.
I myself ported the hell out of my upper plenum,and added an intake spacer,and smoothed out the openning and blended the ridge before the throttle blade of the stock throttle body.But i do plan on getting a throttle body,and keep the stock upper,unless i come accross a good deal for the upper plenum. :)

the98stang said:
$700?!?! what a fruking rip! :nonono:

Just port the plenum yourself man. Just as effective, and WAY cheaper. And that money can go toward your n2o set up :D

the 700 is for the INTAKE not a plenum...

HPS_02-392x286.jpg

Attachments

• HPS_02-392x286.jpg
    HPS_02-392x286.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 47