Throttle response and other things...

Lito

Nov 12, 2006
Hi all, bare with the non-english speaking newbie here! :D

I've just got a new 07 GT, they are on sale here in Venezuela at a very nice price so I've jumped in. The car is great, I'm missing a lot of things that my old car did better but I must that this is an awesome car in stock form. Ford did got this one sooooo right. (Just a IRS would made it perfect -and pricey- and drag fans would hate it but road racers like me will love it and car will be a better street stang)

I have a question with the throttle. I know it is a drive by wire model and I'm not used to it, but is it normal that when you lift the throttle quick, the engine keeps spinning for a little while and rpm's come down veeeery slowly?

I assume that a tune would help/correct this thing so it could behave like a normal throttle or not?

I've already got broke ordering a ton of parts from Brenspeed, Kooks LTH, offroad x , Flows, CAI, CMCV and pulleys. I promise that I'll make videos of installation results, stock, LTH and X with stock mufflers and FM's.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes from what i have read it is normal for the engine to keep reving after you let off the throttle. From what i was told it is there for emission reasons to burn off extra fuel. They funny thing is i didn't notice it until after i got my tune, guess i didn't get on the car that much before. You can have it removed with a tune but you will need to request it.

Well, I kind of expected this because I've tried a couple of new cars that made it, being the latest a Renault Megane 2.0 which made it quite noticeable and it was very annoying. Combining this with emergency assisted braking makes this car very annoying to drive hard.

But it was not until yesterday that I took my car to a twisty mountain road where I usually bring cars to test pushing them hard uphill, I passed my braking and turning points some feet because of this. The cars still accelerates when you lift making hard braking really weird.

I don't plan to make this car a road racer but I'll surely take it a couple of times to the track, so I'll ask Brenspeed people to consider removing this upon the tune.

BTW, being used to the other car this one is a dog uphill and I think the tune will do wonders on the car.

These cars are set up for regular gas right? I know this statement may sound weird but we have 95oct gas here and the car feels way too rich, even tends to choke in very low revs uphill, a real dog.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks all.

Tune her up

Hi Lito. My name is Gary, I live in San Antonio Texas. Since you apparently have a SCT Xcal2 and tune from Brenspeed, you will find it has three seperate tunes in it.

Brent may have adjusted yours since you said I believe you have 95 octane gas there. We have 87, 91 and 93 octane gas here. In Texas all the new Mustangs run on 87 octane. I now run 93 octane after retuning from Brenspeed.

You will see a huge difference with just the CAI and new tune, with all the cool stuff you bought you will be kickin ass and taken names, good luck man.