Tired of getting beat by turbo Jettas!

• Sponsors (?)

Mr_Q said:
Well, I'd rather build a strong motor first before putting power adders on there. No sense in having the motor explode.

As for the CC plates, yes they are very good. The build quality is pretty good and the install went nicely. The plates are not the best on the market, but the ride improvements from the adjustability they give is very welcome. And the price is right.

Guess it's time to call up Chicane Motorsports....
you must have read my post fast.. i was askin about your pro3i LCA's. thanks

Donald Rumsfeld don't mess around fool neither do those turbo Jetta ma things Just let Mr T god of Bullit drag racin' show you how its done in a stock stang with a better intake fool Whatever Notch in the gun notch in the gun. Mr Vax sorry about the profanity on previous post I was tryin to be coy I meant Volksdraggin' Merry Christmas!

DHGBullitt4.6 said:
jetta's? and theyre beating you? ahahhahaha. You dont need mods you need a driving lesson. Those jettas are nothing to me. Later.
Bro, didn't you get banned on a similar screen name? Get a life and go to some ricer site that cares about the stuff you write. We don't. Beleive it or not there are actually some true mustang enthusiasts in here that are trying to learn and compare different mods. Oh yeah, i heard daddy calling, he wants the keys to his bullit back!!

Sorry to everyone else for the :OT: flame. I keep seeing this kid cut everyone down in all the threads of the 4.6 forum. its getting OLD!!!!!! :notnice:

hey BRO, I was never banned. If you dont care about what I have to say then ignore it. Simple as that. How about you get a life and dont respond to every post that i make. later. I also dont want to get banned by mrvax.

KaPPaBaLL said:
sorry, but quit trying to race them when you know you can't hang with them.. you're just making the mustang community look bad.
no offense.

Well I *didn't know that* until I raced him.....actually he raced me. My car "looks the part"..I get challenges all the time. :rolleyes:

You can make anything fast if you have the money, even a stupid Jetta. I would get the PI or Patriot heads, Kenne Belle Twin Screw charger, and a good dyno tune. I was at the local drag strip and saw an early 90's S10 running mid 12s.....the S10 did have a built 350 but still.

true blue blood said:
Donald Rumsfeld don't mess around fool neither do those turbo Jetta ma things Just let Mr T god of Bullit drag racin' show you how its done in a stock stang with a better intake fool Whatever Notch in the gun notch in the gun. Mr Vax sorry about the profanity on previous post I was tryin to be coy I meant Volksdraggin' Merry Christmas!
:lol: What?

These german cars are getting sneaky lol. My g/f was driving mine one night, I was to far toasted to drive home :), and we pulled over a lane to get ahead of traffic at a light. Theres some kinda volkswagon beside us with a full family in it and he has all kinda gauges on the pillars ect... I kinda chuckle and show my g/f and give him a thumbs up just messin with him. Light changes and he pins it and she hits mine kinda hard since shes just trying to get over. I inch my window down to get a listen to what hes got. As hes pulls even in 1st I hear a s/c. I tell her to pin it, and after 3rd hes a couple cars back, but it was funny seeing a family guy in some volkwagon with all these guages and such on his car. No reason why I posted this lol guess I just wanted to tell a story :D.

C'mon, there's nothing wrong with Volkswagens. As for the person that said to run them off the road during a race :notnice:

The 1.8T (volkswagen's turbo engine) takes mods real nicely. Dropping in a chip, or getting the ECU reflashed, puts the car into the Mid/Low 14's easily. TB exhaust, intake, little bit o weight reduction and its in the 13's.

There are ppl running in the low 13's with all of the above plus a 50 shot. With the stock turbo, thats impressive. Dunno if anyone has ever seen what vw considers a turbo. No joke, its really not any bigger than a hairdryer :rlaugh: But its still impressive. There are quite a few 12 second turbo/sc'd VR6 vw's out there, less aftermarket turbo upgraded 1.8T's and MAYBE just a handfull of stock turbo 1.8T's in the 12's. But if you want to spank most modded, street driven vw's, get into the 12's or low 13's and you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm not here to flame, bitch or say that mustangs are ****e. They're not. I grew up in a ford family so I have mad respect for them, but don't discount the VW's that you see. Some are sleepers that will catch YOU sleeping at the light ;)

http://home.woh.rr.com/xenogti/TimeSlips/091903.jpg

XenoGTI said:
C'mon, there's nothing wrong with Volkswagens. As for the person that said to run them off the road during a race :notnice:

The 1.8T (volkswagen's turbo engine) takes mods real nicely. Dropping in a chip, or getting the ECU reflashed, puts the car into the Mid/Low 14's easily. TB exhaust, intake, little bit o weight reduction and its in the 13's.

There are ppl running in the low 13's with all of the above plus a 50 shot. With the stock turbo, thats impressive. Dunno if anyone has ever seen vw consideres a turbo. No joke, its really not any bigger than a hairdryer :rlaugh: But its still impressive. There are quite a few 12 second turbo/sc'd VR6 12 second vw's out there, less aftermarket turbo upgraded 1.8T's and MAYBE just a handfull of stock turbo 1.8T's in the 12's. But if you want to spank most modded, street driven vw's, get into the 12's or low 13's and you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm not here to flame, bitch or say that mustangs are ****e. They're not. I grew up in a ford family so I have mad respect for them, but don't discount the VW's that you see. Some are sleepers that will catch YOU sleeping at the light ;)
url]http://home.woh.rr.com/xenogti/TimeSlips/091903.jpg[/url]

You are so right, ma man!! I tried getting by this Jetta on an onramp to the freeway a few months back. Like I said, I was just trying to get by. He thinks I'm racing and hits it. He looks totally, like right off of the showroom floor. At first I figured I didn't want to waste my time, but then I said $#@ it, and hit it. I was a bit behind to start with, but I figured I 'd catch him pretty quickly...Not. We stayed even with me about 2 car lengths back :nonono: I have a stock 2000 Non-supercharged Saleen with 251rwhp,279 rwtq. I've always considered a power adder, and after this embarrassment, it made it happen. Added 150 shot of N2O,NX wet, well tuned...I'd like to see that little Euro rocket now. If you see him, tell him I'm lookin' for him :nice: Anyway, I never take imports for granted anymore, they are "guilty until proven innocent". :flag:

true blue blood said:

wtf? check this, next to the backslash key is the period key. try it more than once in a string of sentences...it might make things easier to understand :nice:

saleenin2000 said:
If you see him, tell him I'm lookin' for him :nice: Anyway, I never take imports for granted anymore, they are "guilty until proven innocent". :flag:

Awsome story :D

I converted my brother a few weeks ago. He's always been a domestic fan. Owned a mustang, firebird and now a huge ass ram.

I ran up to Illinois to pick him up. Its about 370 miles one way. Took one tank of gas to get there, filled up. Him, his wife, me and 100 lbs of stuff in the back. I had him drive 3/4 of the way back home... and he had a blast. Running off the entrance ramps at 90mph in 3rd gear, going from 65mph to 80mph, in a no time, in 5th gear.. heh. Before driving it he "thought" that I would be able to keep up with his old firebird. Now he thinks that he would not have been able to keep up :nice:

And we made it home, with the added weight and high speed runs, with one tank of gas. :D