TKO Trans Fluid Change

• Thread starter Deleted member 87397
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87397

Okay so I'm headed to my parents place in Georgia at the end of August to pick up the Stang and bring it home to Texas. I've got a new TKO 600 from D&D in it with about 750 miles on it and Synchromesh fluid. I'm going to be driving it 850 miles. Do you all think I should change that fluid to make sure there are no metal bits left in it from production or does D&D do a good job of that when the test em out? If I change the fluid out I was thinking of Synchromesh fluid again or maybe some Royal Purple Synchromax. What do you all prefer

• Sponsors (?)

Tremac recomendes to break in all there tranny's with regular ATF, then after the break in to switch to syncromesh. NOW the 3550's ONLY use syncromesh but as for the 600's i'm not shure of? I was also told that for warrenty reasons that they "might" test the tranny and if there is not any residue of syncromesh or any pressence of it then it's voided? Me i run the syncromesh in my TKO3550. peace

john:p

ok the fluid was not really my main question here people. The question was should I leave what I have in there alone or change it to make sure there is no major debris in it from break in before I drive it 850 miles.