Too much rain, not enough Stang time...

Ateup

Sep 21, 2009
I work swing shift and every 4 weeks I have 7 days off in a row. I usually spend a couple days unwinding with my car as it's not my daily driver. I washed it on Thursday and cruised around with the top down a couple hours. Since then, I think we've had about 8 inches of rain so far and have anywhere from 5-9 inches more on the way through Wednesday. This is going to be the flood of a lifetime here.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm thinking about buying some stuff online for it to make me feel better. Hope I don't wake up tomorrow afternoon to an email on my phone from AM thanking me for my $800 order that I didn't remember making the night before! Don't drink and shop online.

Rain has finally stopped. Too bad I have to start back to work tomorrow. 4 days of 12 hr shifts don't leave much time for Stangin. I really can't complain too much...people died from this weather outbreak the past week. All I got was a leaky basement and no Stang.

Its been raining in CT for what seems like ever. Yesterday it was in the low 80s and it hit 80 today but its misting out tonight. I have said F this and have driven the stang all of 4 times this season lol. I haven't done the big spring clean and wax so I will drive it in the rain until I do that. They are calling for T-Storms tomorrow and I will drive the stang to work. Its hard to drive the stang with the windows up. Its just so much fun with the exhaust echoing off everything.

Swing shift means 2nd shift...

In some areas but not around here. I didn't even realize it meant 3-11 until I looked it up online after you said that. Swing shift here means that you work both days and nights on a schedule.

4 week cycle:
4 nights 6p-6a
3 days off
3 days 6a-6p
1 day off
3 nights 6p-6a
3 days off
4 days 6a-6p
7 days off then it starts over

Not to pry but what in the world do you do for a living? I wouldn't even know which way was up if I had to work a schedule like that.

:jaw:

I work in a chemical plant. Basically, it's a 4 weeks cycle with 4 different shifts rotating. For every day I work in a year I have a day off. Every 4th week I'm off 7 days in a row plus 5 weeks vacation. That's 18 weeks a year.;)

OK, no rain in the forecast for a couple days and I gots one day off. 2 cold to put the top down, but at least I can drive it. Rain let up today and I almost got tempted enough to drag it out. Guess I can cancel my psychiatrist appt. It has been almost 3 weeks since I've had an off day without rain.