top 2 trans bolts?? what the easiest way to loosen

• Sponsors (?)

They are a pain no matter what you do really. You will need about 2 feet worth of extensions and a wobble/swivel socket. Try to let the tranny/engine sag down as much as possible to give you the best access to the bolts.

I found it easiest to use 1 or 2 wobble tipped extensions also. Something like this...

1225386313864__GreyPneumati_ImpactWobbleExten_PTEN_0.jpg

I use a 13mm "flex socket" with two long extensions. The extensions have to be long enough so that the ratchet is turned from almost the cross member.

A regular socket with an flex extension will not work because there is not enough clearence.

Use two long extensions rather than multiple short ones. Using multiple short extensions has too much "flop" making it more difficult to get the socket on the bolt. Also the extension will tend to twist too much under the torsion.

Also loosen the motor mounts slightly will let the motor tilt more. Be sure to support the motor so that the entire weight of the motor does not hang from the motor mounts.

I already had my intake off when I was pulling my transmission so it wasnt really any extra work for me. And it usually only takes me about 30-45 minutes to take off my intake manifold