TOP SPEED ANYONE???

well, here ya go... found the pic... I think ya'll understand what I'm saying after I post the pic :rlaugh:
mustang_dyno_sheet_62604_2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've only hit 135 at the top of 4th in my car. It's a bit unstable with 3.5's in front with ET streets in the back. :rolleyes: As far as the top speed is concerned, I really can't say I know. I only put out about 235rwhp which I don't think is good enough to 190+. Just my .02.

gcomfx.com said:
You're one to talk.... look at your sig!

"I don’t sweat the petty things, but I'll often pet the sweaty things !"

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Actually, I was insinuating that he was gay, not you....but even then I was just kidding.

And as for my sig.......................Chicks dig it! :D

viperos said:
well.... first... not to flame or nothing, but jtkz13, what gears do you have? if they are 2.73, or 3.08, I call :bs: but, anyway...

-oh, and my oil gauge shows that always :rlaugh: they're just dummy lights anyway... either you do, or don't have oil pressure :nice:

-I've personally had my almost stock 95GT to 193mph.... the tires started to warp, and mis-shapen, so I had to cut it down... but that was only at about 5200rpm too... had a little bit left.... (oh yeah, I have 3.08s)

If you'd look down about 3" you'd see that I have 3.73 gears, and if you knew how to work a calculator you'd already know that my speedo is accurate (within 1-2mph at those speeds).

And dont insult everyone on here claiming you hit 190+mph in your stock GT. Do you realize that it would take more than 600hp to reach those speeds in a car with the Cd of ours?

Just because your dyno says your car can theoretically run 190mph doesnt mean s_hit. Do you realize how much wind resistance there is at anything above 130mph? Probably not. :nonono:

160+ with 340bhp frpp crate motor and 2.73 gears racing an M3 on the highway after getting beat repeadly by a chick driving an srt4 yellow neon with stage 1 and stage 2 stuff done to it. talk about repeated grudge matches gone wrong. i left the track with a small ego and beating some rich punk in his M3 was the only way to do it on my long ride home.
fawcett

Viperos - Your car will not do 190+...you have got to be kidding :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

There is way to much wind resistance and suspension that needs to be dealt with before you could even come close to that...

Your going to need just a little bit more than 230rwhp :rlaugh:

The only way you would reach 190+ is if you dropped your car out of an airplane...

I hope all this is a joke?????

Gearbanger 101 said:
Actually, I was insinuating that he was gay, not you....but even then I was just kidding.

And as for my sig.......................Chicks dig it! :D

I understood. :nice: Just playing along with the fun. Some of us got schooled a bit on this 193mph thing. I'm sure he knows he can't do it on the road... but the rules didn't say it had to be. I think it's funny. He hooked me in! :rlaugh:

Hit the road and see if your car will do 193. Hell, a car with 400-500 hp will probably spin the dyno to 300mph but that doesn't mean it will do it once it hits the pavement.

jtkz13's speedo/tach are exactly where they need to be in the pic, if he is in 5th gear. Don't believe it, go to any gear calculator on the net and crunch the #s.

CPSTACKMONEY said:
Hit the road and see if your car will do 193. Hell, a car with 400-500 hp will probably spin the dyno to 300mph but that doesn't mean it will do it once it hits the pavement.

jtkz13's speedo/tach are exactly where they need to be in the pic, if he is in 5th gear. Don't believe it, go to any gear calculator on the net and crunch the #s.

You would need some LONG gears for that...

5spd GT said:
The only way you would reach 190+ is if you dropped your car out of an airplane...

I hope all this is a joke?????

actually, i doubt it still would. the human body (skydiver) hits a terminal speed around 140. of couse this depends what position a person is holding their body in. a car, which cant control itself in air and not nearly designed like a plane, would not go that fast without added horsepower besides gravity.

Black70Fastback said:
actually, i doubt it still would. the human body (skydiver) hits a terminal speed around 140. of couse this depends what position a person is holding their body in. a car, which cant control itself in air and not nearly designed like a plane, would not go that fast without added horsepower besides gravity.

I was using a little sarcasm on that...