torch red w/ red accent int pkg..your thoughts?

subzero05

Dec 21, 2004
Have a sonic blue car on order but may have the opportunity to get a Torch car with the red interior package much sooner since my dealer ordered one long ago and the guy backed out who was getting it. Originally it was the one I was going to order but changed my mind at the last minute.Do you all think that combo looks sweet like I do or is it too much? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I was worried about the 2 different reds when it was on order, but when the car came in they are very close. Hard to tell the difference. Looks very cool with the red decals on the sill plates that I got from ninosport.com

My Torch red GT w/red IUP will be here Jan. 1. It's definitely a "loud" looking car. Could never look ricey to me, its a Mustang GT. I guess you could rice it up with certain mods, but think about the candy apple reds that used to come out. You have to like red, but I bet with a Torch red more people will see and ask about it over the blue. Blue was my second color. My car was a dealer stock order, didn't want to wait the extra month for an ordered one. You'll love it either way. This car is hot. I havent been a big Mustang fan, but I saw it and had to have one.

Check it out for yourself

Seats inside look darker than the door panel because of less light in the car (tint). If you compare the door panel and the torch paint on the door, its very similar.
Disregard dirty bottom of door panel and kick plates.
Also disregard the missing aluminum brake pedal, I broke my drill bit and have to get a new one to install it. Gas pedal looks cool tho.

I don't like red on a mustang to begin with, but I test drove a Red/Red and it looked better than I thought it would. It's a lot of red though. IMHO Satin Silver or Mineral Grey would go better. White would probably look good too (w/red).

I have located two white GTs in my area. One has the Red Accent package and the other has the black interior. IMO, the red looks much better. It does create a problem for me though. The one with the red interior is automatic and I want a 5spd. Another problem is that I want to paint blue Shelby stripes on the car. Not too sure that I would be satisfied with an automatic or how the red, white, and blue combo would look.

Course, I am retired Army and this would be a real way to show my "Colors".

frostygta said:
LOL...not a problem at my age. I will be 68 in March. Most of the women I take out have poor eyesight anyway. :damnit:
:rlaugh: That red/red combo is bright enough for dead people to see though. It is a really bright combo, and I give anybody much respect who goes with it. You must have some pretty big ones. I could not pull it off. The red/red is probably a cops wet dream also. Speeding tickets suck :notnice: .

I saw a Torch Red / Red Leather GT at Morande Ford in Berlin CT last week, and the seats are definitely a darker shade of red than the paint. The contrast did not look horrible though. The red floor mats, however, were a bit too much red, IMO.

I have a Satin Silver GT with the Red Leather option on order, and I plan on replacing the red floor mats with the black ones here: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com...3Z6313300BAA&oid=1371&sOldOid=1181&detail=yes