Totalled on Cost more than likely.

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
30 Mins from a Ragged GT
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=611366

I posted the origional thread in the OT forum but in this forum I am looking for someone that is near Kentucky that may be looking to sell a 2.3T or a 2.3L that is running great.

I dont kow yet if I am in the market for buying it but from the sounds of it, when my taxes come in, I may have to seriously look into buying a replacement.

If this is totalled it will become a Garage Queen and the project really begins on her.

• Sponsors (?)

Were you wearing your seatbelt?
Don't worry, thats quite fixable. I doubt you'll even have to swap out the inner bumper. Just a new hood, fender and possibly nose, along with new paint on those.
My poor 88 recently met a tree. My seatbelt saved my ass. As for the damage, it is a bit worse than yours. I broke the inner bumper in half hardcore, and the radiator support is pushed back a little, along with some broken welds at the bumper mount. Everything worked to my advange though, as the bumper absorbed most of the energy as it broke, so it is fixable. I hate to say it, but I may have been going fast as 40 when I left the road, and I don't see how I would have lost any speed going down a ditch into a tree. I'm lucky to have walked away with just a sore neck.
attachment.php

I already have been argueing with Ford telling them them that it can be fixed. They told me that to fix it I can buy a new Mustang. Of course they want me to buy a new one!!!!!

Well in Cinci, Oh there is a 93 for $500 needs an engine. I was explaining that I could pick up a car like that and either swap engiines, or swap parts. Ford did not like that.

Then I found a 84 5.0 for $2000, a 93 Vert for 2,200, and a 98 v-6 for 2,300 so, I am waiting for taxes and I will pick up a second stang.

When I get done with this deal with the insurance and get my car free and clear of them she will become.

The Garage Queen​
Then I can begin to do what I need to her as I can. She is totally driveable and I think I can do all the work here myself. In Ky I can drive it as is during the day with no problem. At night I cant though, but anyone that lives in a redneck state like me knows that there are cars on the road that are a lot worse off than mine is.

Yeah Looking at the engine compartment, it does not look like there is any say to the front end at all. The Inner fenders on the driver's side looks nice and straight still. So I agree, a New Fender, Nose, hood,rim, fender brace,Lights, and splash shield is the way to go.
Bhuff- I had no Idea that happened! Man You are having a hell of a time huh?

(I am in and out of reality right now *drugs* so bear with me)

Well look at the bright side, I am getting a second stang, and the ability to modify my 2.3. I have really been thinking of a Stormin Normin Hood and GT bumpers and sides. So, like I said the project will begin and the Frankin Stang will Rise from the ashes.

And there is 1 bend in the engine compartment. It is where the wiper fluid goes. easy fix, the rest oif it is perfect and nothing is rubbing.

Im looking on the bright side of things here....

SVO1 said:
Bhuff- I had no Idea that happened! Man You are having a hell of a time huh?
It was last fall. It was completly my fault, and I managed to escape without any tickets or fines... just an injured car and moral. I posted a little something about it before, but never got the pictures up.

I found a new car (It is NOT a Cobra) It does have shaved door handels though :nice: The Owner was using this as a project car and now the circumstances changed and Dad is selling the car. Rich was driving by and Woo Woo :D Daddy is getting a 5.0

I found a 90 GT. I was pissed and the Gf and I were driving to some lots and low & behold what I see on the side of the road..... 120,000 miles :shrug: mine has more.

View attachment 489323

View attachment 489325

View attachment 489327

View attachment 489328

Forget that!!!
Wellllllllll, There is a title issue. He dont have one!!!!!

I said WHAT??? He said that the car dont have a title on it and he needed to apply for one. In my state it can take 4-6 weeks to get. I cant wait 4 - 6 fkn weeks for a car.

So pissed off I set out to look for yet another Stang.......

Well today I purchased a 95 V-6 Convertable for a Grand. It has a new Radiator, and top. It was a salesmans car that did areal(SP) photography. It has high mileage but is very clean and well cared for. I still have the 93 and I will begin to look for parts as I can. I am debating selling my turbo stuff for it. I would love to have the 2.3T but I am not sure on it right now.