Towing ?

87WhiteStang1

Dec 19, 2007
wanted to get some advice before i blow my friends truck up... i was wondering if it would be okay to tow my stang to the track(about 20 miles) with my friends truck on a full size car trailer. the truck is a 2008 chevy 1500 4.3L v6...im guessing it's not a good idea. the towing for the truck is rated at 5600 i think.. let me know what you think!

• Sponsors (?)

going wouldnt be the problem, can the truck stop with that much weight behind it? does the trailer have brakes on it? thats what id be worried about.

i towed my car to the track when it ran 13's. some redneck dude comes up talking ****... "what did it run" me:"13.50's" "kinda slow. why'd you trailer it?" Everyone's always got something to say, but being an hour from the track, anything can go wrong. I wasnt planning on the car breaking, but you never know. You could catch a flat, alternator/battery could die... who knows.

There was once that i didnt trailer it, and i ended up dropping a valve and had to wait an hour for a tow truck, then took an hour drive home, that night sucked, but i did have AAA, and i got a swweet piston/valve paperweight out of the deal

Assuming you do change your mind again and decide to tow it, I would make sure you buddy at the very least has some sort of external transmission cooler. That 4.3L is going to be working its ass off as it is, there's no sense taking a chance at overheating the transmission in the process. :)