Transmission Decision

gcwh02

Jun 20, 2005
pottstown, PA
First off, i am going to apologize for another transmission opinion thread, but i want to know what will be the best bet for a 331 stroker, weekend warrior. I have went to shops and they told me c4(w/ rev. manual v.b., high stall, trans cooler, ratchet shifter, shift kit) i wont be doing any highway driving with this car.. I want to see what ideas i can get to make up my mind.

• Sponsors (?)

gcwh02 said:
First off, i am going to apologize for another transmission opinion thread, but i want to know what will be the best bet for a 331 stroker, weekend warrior. I have went to shops and they told me c4(w/ rev. manual v.b., high stall, trans cooler, ratchet shifter, shift kit) i wont be doing any highway driving with this car.. I want to see what ideas i can get to make up my mind.

C4 is a great idea for a non-street car. Lighter, easier, cheap too boot. But don't leave out the AOD, it is quite capable of hadeling power, just needs some help. Check out www.broaderperformance.com and www.network54.com for your C4 needs.

you should be fine with a c4 if you dont go on the highway, which is what you say, but IMO if the rest of your car is streetable go with an AOD like silverfoxbody said. then you can drive it anywhere, they are a little more expensive and heavier but the being able to drive it anywhere.