Transmission Noise

• Sponsors (?)

lol i see what you mean. if they are older or original parts, alot of abuse will make them go out quicker. sometimes new stuff goes out too. put a new throwout bearing and clutch fork in when i had the T5 and about 3 months later the throwout bearing went bad. depends on your driving habits lol.

lol when i do go to change the throwout bearings am i going to need to pull the tranny? sorry if i am bombarding you with questions this is my 1st stang and im 17 years old so everything is kinds new to me. i do really appreciate the help though!!!:hail2:

its up to you. its not all as bad as it might sound. if you got an extra bud there to help you it will go by quicker than just yourself. main 2 things that are fun is the driveshaft bolts and the 4 bolts that hold the tranny to the bellhousing. make sure before you take the driveshaft off to mark the flange on the pinnion (rearend side) with a marker so that it goes back the way it came out or you'll have vibration problems. a lift always helps out too lol, the "on your back" type stuff sucks.

edit: forgot to say if this is your first time taking a tranny out, it kinda goes like this

4 bolts to driveshaft at rearend.
4 bolts to tranny to bellhousing.
4 bolts for shifter
2 nuts for tranny mount to crossmember
2 bolts/nuts for crossmember to unibody
1 bolt to speedo cable on tailhousing

disconnect electrical plugs. if i remember right there should be 2 or 3.
i cant exactly remember if the bellhousing chas to come off for the clutch fork or not. if it does take the 2 starter bolts out and the bellhousing to engine block bolts out and disconnect your clutch cable from the fork. there is also a clip that holds the cable in the bellhousing so be careful not to break it lol.