transmission warning signs

tontot77

Do I look like a :taco: in this picture?
Apr 2, 2003
Dyer Indiana
what are some symptoms that your trans is about to give up? I've noticed that its hard to shift as fast as I want and then on the way home last night, it came out of third... How long do you give it? Where can I find a cheap beefy transmission?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well when mine went (in my brand friggin new car :mad: ) it just went. it acted like it didn't want to go into gear a few times before that, but i just attributed that to me being slopy when i was shifting.

as far as a new tranny if you still want a 5 speed, i saw that tremec has come out with a new t-5 that is supposed to be pretty nasty. if i remember correctly it is supposed to support a low 9 second pass :eek: so with your new found power i would prolly look in that direction, if you want the tranny to last any period of time that is :nice:

Mine has been poping out of 5th more than a few times last month.

what's it mean when it keeps coming out of gear.

didn't mean to hijack your thread tontot, mine just keeps coming out of 5th. I was wondering also. :shrug:

thanks for all the posts... I'm going to check the transmission fluid, the clutch cable, the stop bolts, and the price of a tremec 5(but that is probley more than I need)... any other even wild stabs in the dark are welcome and I will report back probley Sunday/Monday