Tremec TKO 500 Question

Fast_Mustang87

Aug 24, 2004
Illinois
Hey everyone, I had a few questions. I was wandering where the serial numbers are on the Tremec TKO 500 series transmissions? Also can i get to them if the transmission is already in the car or do i have to pull it out? I believe the transmission thats in there now could be a regular T-5 but i'm not sure. The guy who i bought the car off of said it was a TKO 500 but i just wanted to know for sure if it is or not...If someone knows where to find the serial number or has pics (Would really help) PLEASE let me know! Thanks a bunch.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the TKOs have 6 bolts holding the shifter assembly to the tail of the tranny, where as the T-5s have only 4. Pull up that shifter bezel and check it out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the TKOs have 6 bolts holding the shifter assembly to the tail of the tranny, where as the T-5s have only 4. Pull up that shifter bezel and check it out.

I looked at the tranny today and it has 4 bolts holding the shifter in place. It's a hurst shifter. But the bottom part where the shifter bolts on to is red just like the tremec tko 500's. Could it be a tremec 3500 or something similiar? It's bugging me..lol:flag: