turbocharged 5.0

91fox331

May 29, 2009
alright guys here is what im building. i have a late 60's model mexican 302 block stroked to a 331. with all probe forged internals, deep dish 20cc pistons, which should make my compression around 8.2-1, an e303 cam, gt-40 port and polished heads with upgraded vaulves, rockers, and springs, ported upper and lower intakes, 42lb injectors and 42lb maf. stock throttle body, and a turbonetics 67mm turbo. everyone keeps telling me im probably going to split my block. what is the safest way to go with this set up without buying a different block. i only plan to run the car to a 6k redline. and i keep seeing these turbo set ups on stock 302's runnin about 10-12lbs of boost. would my car hold up to around the same boost settings or what because i dont want to get my project going a split my block.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks a lot guys seems like a lot of contraversy over this block. well im still gona run mine without the dss main support and probably only run it up to 500 or less rwhp. all i can do is hope for the best until october or later. thanks for everything.

As long as everything is assembled properly...your likely going to be just fine. With a 331 and that h/c/i setup...your likely looking at close to 600rwhp with 12lbs of boost. I'd think if you keep the RPM below 6k rpm and don't get crazy with the boost you'll be alright.