under-pulleys worth it?

Can anyone help me out? I have an opportunity to purchase the motoblue undersize performance pulleys for my 06 mustang for a hundred bucks. That is half the price they sell for, so good deal there. But is it really worth the investment? I will have them professionaly installed.

Does anyone have them and can vouch that they add performance?
Thank you for any time anyone can help with this!!!

• Sponsors (?)

blackonblack06 said:
Can anyone help me out? I have an opportunity to purchase the motoblue undersize performance pulleys for my 06 mustang for a hundred bucks. That is half the price they sell for, so good deal there. But is it really worth the investment? I will have them professionaly installed.

Does anyone have them and can vouch that they add performance?
Thank you for any time anyone can help with this!!!
there good for 10-15hp..If you go to the track alot I would get em..But if not I wouldnt bother!! Because with the smaller pullies it doesnt charge at an idle(unless you have a 3g altenater) and it doesnt cool as good.(unless you have an after market water pump) Its good for a tenth of two in the 1/4 mile..

blackonblack06 said:
cool thanks a lot are they hard to install, I might try and install them myself, if I can get the tools to do it with!?

What would be a reasonable price for install at a speed shop or dealer where they know what they are doing?
its not alot to install them..your gonna need an impack gun for the altenater pully.I took mine off,it took longer to cool down,,didnt charge at idle,and for some reason it seemed to knock when I started it in the morning..:shrug:

blackonblack06 said:
cool thanks a lot are they hard to install, I might try and install them myself, if I can get the tools to do it with!?

What would be a reasonable price for install at a speed shop or dealer where they know what they are doing?
It's not hard to install if you remove the electric fan. You will need a 3 prong puller. I don't see a speed shop charging more than an hour labor if they know what they are doing.

Motorhead6T5 said:
It's not hard to install if you remove the electric fan. You will need a 3 prong puller. I don't see a speed shop charging more than an hour labor if they know what they are doing.

Ok due to the deal I bit the hook. I bought them today and then immediately had them installed. Install took 2 hours...at a lesiurely pace. I did remove the electric fan...simple to remove and made it easier to get the main crank pulley off. So anyways...

The difference? A very light touch is all thats needed on the gas pedal for "normal" city driving. Don't know how much hp it freed up, but Its definitely very noticeble. When I am in fourth gear and at 60 mph and I let off the gas. It seems to want to stay at 60 mph. So light pressure is all thats needed to maintain speed. The MPG meter stays lit up.
When I got on it later down the road. WHEW! tHAT WAS FUN! It accelerated quicker just like the others said earlier.

So my opinion now on the under-pulleys is:nice: I am glad I got them. I only spent 160 bucks for the part and installation to boot. Awesome deal everyone.
No problems with the alternator to report. Hopefully won't happen with me. I drove for an hour in the city...stop and go...and no engine lights or low battery signal so:shrug: Should not pose a problem to me.

I am going to the local track today for the first time to run my convertible on the 1/4 mile...I hope to pull at least a 13.5, so wish me luck!!! I will post my results tonight when I get back!

Thanks!:flag:

blackonblack06 said:
I am going to the local track today for the first time to run my convertible on the 1/4 mile...I hope to pull at least a 13.5, so wish me luck!!! I will post my results tonight when I get back!

Thanks!:flag:
good luck

Just got back from the San Antonio Raceway. :nice: It was a very neat experience! My first time to the track and I was very pleased.
My first run...sucked. I forgot to turn the TCS off BAD MISTAKE can you say wheel hp from hell!!!it still brought a 14.6 the very first time at 100(ish...dont really remember).
But later after about 3-4 runs I got better and used to it.
My 3 best times tonight were:
13.37 @104.48
13.38 103.90
13.45 @104.24
I was pretty consistent tonight. Got some compliments from people about it. Not too bad for a 06 GT Convertible with no NOS or SC and just a couple bolt-ons. This was with the stock GT rims@tires too!!!
Temperature was about 60 degrees. Not too bad , huh?

blackonblack06 said:
Just got back from the San Antonio Raceway. :nice: It was a very neat experience! My first time to the track and I was very pleased.
My first run...sucked. I forgot to turn the TCS off BAD MISTAKE can you say wheel hp from hell!!!it still brought a 14.6 the very first time at 100(ish...dont really remember).
But later after about 3-4 runs I got better and used to it.
My 3 best times tonight were:
13.37 @104.48
13.38 103.90
13.45 @104.24
I was pretty consistent tonight. Got some compliments from people about it. Not too bad for a 06 GT Convertible with no NOS or SC and just a couple bolt-ons. This was with the stock GT rims@tires too!!!
Temperature was about 60 degrees. Not too bad , huh?
Good drivin,the pulleys haven't drained my car of volts one bit in the last 5k. I personaly have never heard anyone have problems with the pulleys for the 05's. Its not like the foxbody pulleys.

Motorhead6T5 said:
Good drivin,the pulleys haven't drained my car of volts one bit in the last 5k. I personaly have never heard anyone have problems with the pulleys for the 05's. Its not like the foxbody pulleys.

Thanks for the compliment. It was fun. So much potential time was wasted with wheel spin and barking tires. I even heard an audible bark when I shifted to 4th gear way down at the end of the track. And the wheel hop issue (blagh!) Do you happen to know if the springs replacement for suspension drop will help to eliminate that, or what can be done to eliminate it?

blackonblack06 said:
Thanks for the compliment. It was fun. So much potential time was wasted with wheel spin and barking tires. I even heard an audible bark when I shifted to 4th gear way down at the end of the track. And the wheel hop issue (blagh!) Do you happen to know if the springs replacement for suspension drop will help to eliminate that, or what can be done to eliminate it?
Lower control arms,no more wheel hop.