Upgraded to Cobra Brakes

Jer_Stang

Apr 12, 2004
Washington
Just thought I'd post some pictures of my brake install.
I got these from: www.discbrakesrus.com.

They were super easy to install, everything packaged nicely. Brake pads were already in place too.

Only thing I didn't like was driving right after I installed them because of the powder coating. Basically the powder coating has to burn off after a few hours of driving. The first 30min the brakes didn't grip well because of the coating but after that it was a lot better. I'm still breaking them in but so far I like them a lot :nice:

Anyway, hope this helps anyone that was looking into these brakes. Here's what they look like from start to finish. The powder coating still hasn't worn off so you can still see it. I'm glad I did get the coating though, will keep that rust away.

Just out of the box:
combo.jpg

All installed:
install.jpg

Ready to drive:
finish.jpg

After driving for 30min:
wear.jpg

Later

• Sponsors (?)

O ya much better. :D

Ah, I went out and checked the brake lines and I think the left one is touching the inner wheel..barely. Guess I'll have to find some way to keep the line away. I couldn't really see anything, to dark.

Wow, thanks for the info. That's a bit more than I'm willing to spend on brakes, though. I looked at that site you linked to and the kit prices went up to $1100!

I think I'm just going to go with the 13" Cobra front brake kit for $399 that I've seen advertised elsewhere. Comes with the Brembo rotors and you can get SS lines or cross drilled/slotted rotors as an options if you wish. I could nearly do the front and rear for what you paid for the front, and my wallet likes that idea more. :)

Glad you're happy though, looks great and I can't wait to do mine.