UPR CASTER CAMBER PROBLEMS!!! anyone else?

wtf is wrong with my caster camber plates...UPR!!!!
ok so we go the first set in and put them on. I drove away and noticed the most abnoctious ratling clunking sound coming from the right caster camber.

I was furious so i called UPR and they sent me out a new set.

the new set came in 7 days later so we instaled both the right and left side.

i drove off and now the god damn left side is making the noise now.

who has had this problem with caster cambers and what brand did you use!

ive had nightmares about the sound these things make everytime i go over some turbulent road.

some help would be nice!

-Aaron

www.saleenpower.com

• Sponsors (?)

phenix86 said:
wtf is wrong with my caster camber plates...UPR!!!!
ok so we go the first set in and put them on. I drove away and noticed the most abnoctious ratling clunking sound coming from the right caster camber.

I was furious so i called UPR and they sent me out a new set.

the new set came in 7 days later so we instaled both the right and left side.

i drove off and now the god damn left side is making the noise now.

who has had this problem with caster cambers and what brand did you use!

ive had nightmares about the sound these things make everytime i go over some turbulent road.

some help would be nice!

-Aaron

www.saleenpower.com

dont got C/Cs, but i have had bad luck with UPR. i guess u get what u pay for...

I had the same problem with some Pro3i plates. Turned out to be a bad spherical bushing. Also make sure those upper strut nuts are as tight as you can get them.

.....most guys here recommend the Maximum Motorsports plates, and I have yet to hear a bad thing about them.... I wish I would have gone that route initially.

My UPR shifter started making squeaking noises after about 5000 miles or so. I have lubed it up and everything, but no luck.... No more UPR for me.

Seraphitia102 said:
I have Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. They are the best in my opinion. They come with a lifetime warranty and the only plates that allow individual adjustment for both caster and camber.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/cc.asp

"MM’s plates are double adjustable. They have separate adjusting slots to change caster and camber independent of one another."

i think id be stupid not to sell these UPR pieces of ***** and buy the MM CC's

ill buy them monday. HOpefully the local speedshop svc has them in stock.

btolenti said:
I had the same problem with some Pro3i plates. Turned out to be a bad spherical bushing. Also make sure those upper strut nuts are as tight as you can get them.

.....most guys here recommend the Maximum Motorsports plates, and I have yet to hear a bad thing about them.... I wish I would have gone that route initially.

My UPR shifter started making squeaking noises after about 5000 miles or so. I have lubed it up and everything, but no luck.... No more UPR for me.

i had the same noise problems with my steeda 4 bolts. it turned out i just needed to tighten down the strut nut more. i've had to do that a few times on occasion, but as soon as i tq it down it's good to go

stangman said:
i had the same noise problems with my steeda 4 bolts. it turned out i just needed to tighten down the strut nut more. i've had to do that a few times on occasion, but as soon as i tq it down it's good to go

That helped on one side of my plates, but even after getting the air impact on the other side, it still had a clunk. So I jacked up my car, unbolted the bottom of the shock and tried to move it around.....clunk, clunk, clunk. Actually it was more of a deep creaking noise whenever the spherical bushing moved even the slightest bit.

I went ahead and talked with Pro3i and they sent me new spherical portions of the plate. Needless to say, I never used the new ones and just sold them on this site. I went back to stockers and got it aligned ok. Whenever I need to replace the shocks, I will probably go ahead and buy the MM units. :flag:

Seraphitia102 said:
I have Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. They are the best in my opinion. They come with a lifetime warranty and the only plates that allow individual adjustment for both caster and camber.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/cc.asp

"MM’s plates are double adjustable. They have separate adjusting slots to change caster and camber independent of one another."

Preach it brutha, when it comes to Chassis/suspention stuff you can't go wrong with MM

I myself have a mutt so to speak between Kenny Brown, MM, HANS racecraft and Billetflow pieces on my car

I had pretty good luck with my pro3i c/c plates. But then after a strut swap, they started clunking so i got pissed. And bought UPR 4 bolt ones. The pass side of the Pro3i's were clunking, so at first I just replaced the pass side one with UPR and didnt hear any noise. I didnt have time to do both that day lol. Yes ghetto.

But then I had time and replaced the drivers side one. Then i got that horrid clunking :( I have torqued and retorqued that strut nut. I took the c/c plate off and you can see slop in the bearing, like it wasn't made right. The only thing I will buy from upr is their interior crap.

Sucks cuz I was gonna buy their bump steer kit too. NOT NOW lol i dont want it to fall off when im driving.

make sure the MM plates you buy are genuine MM plats. there are other plates onthe market that are supposed clones of the MM ones that are made with inferior materials. there is a huge disclaimer on MM's webpage about this.

i know the Pro3i ones are absolute garbage. i installed them on a customers car at a shop i used to work at and they were total dog****. the MM ones are much higher quality, and actually have insturctions. the only way i knew how to install the Pro3i ones was because i had installed 3 sets of MM plates.