USC vs.Texas

It's time. I've been waiting for this game for over a year. As much as I hate both teams (Virginia Tech used was ranked #3), I want Texas to win. Something about the Trojans, they seem so cocky. I want the long horns to knock them off their thrown.

• Sponsors (?)

I really dont care about college football. (not big up here at all). But i DO wanna see the trojans lose. So im routing for the longhorns.

Wow i cant believe that punt return, and now the failed 4th down conversion. This is gonna be a long night.

mricci said:
well Texas seems to be taking some control of the game, its 15-7 Texas now.

And now losing control. 31-23 USC. USC plays a good 2nd half. I hope Texas starts digging in more. I HATE the Trojans with passion. Reggie Bush hasn't even played well in this game, though. I hope it stays that way.

USC GOT JOBBED. The refs 1) didn't challenge Vince Youngs pitch, 2) failed to call the fumbled pass as one, 3) and somehow amid all of the quarterbacks running never called a holding penalty. AMAZING. NCAA SUCKS ANYWAY!

Vince Young is a bad mofo.

I like how Leinart [at end of game] said, "We're still a better team". Yeah, he really proved that, lol. There were alot of bad calls, clock issues, etc. But Texas CLEARLY outplayed them.

GO LONGHORNS!
Vince Young did a great job!
Leinart showed his ASS at the end of the game with his comment.

I would say in all prolly the best college game i've seen in a long time. Two great teams battle it to the end.

Well, actually I don't like either of the teams. I didn't watch most of their games in the past either. I'm just saying they played the best tonight. Aparrently you ARE a USC fan. Calm down man, there's no changing it now.

You are right, i was just blowing off steam. Vince Young was amazing, but in all honesty i believe that USC would have won if not for SOME questionable calls. But alas, GO JAGUARS! Damn, Byron is back. Well......................Here is to good old Mark Brunell and the Redskins then!

chirs said:
USC GOT JOBBED. The refs 1) didn't challenge Vince Youngs pitch, 2) failed to call the fumbled pass as one, 3) and somehow amid all of the quarterbacks running never called a holding penalty. AMAZING. NCAA SUCKS ANYWAY!

For one, Texas was realing off plays in 10-20 yard chunks at the time. Do you really think the outcome would have been different had they been 1-10 at USC's 12 yard line? Obviously, there is a slight chance. Anything can happen, but chances are, they would have scored anyways.

For two, the rule for a catch is to gain control of the football, and make a football move. The reciever had position for a split second, and then it was knocked lose. There is no question that he did NOT make a football move.

For three, with a game as big as a national championship game, would you rather have it dominated by the refs than by the players on the field? You mean to tell me that White was pounding away for 6-8 yards a pop, and there was no holding? Yes, both offensive lines were dominant, and didn't need to hold there inferior opponents.

Texas played a better game, was better coached, and deserved the win. All of this coming from a Sooner too. USC should have handed the ball to White 35+ times. It was obvious from the start that he was the biggest threat to the Texas D. I'm glad to see it go this way though. Giving the Heisman to Bush was a total fraud, and took away any credibility that the award still retained. It was obvious VY was the best player in the country, and Bush wasn't even as good, statistically, as Adrian Peterson was last year, when he came in 2nd to Lienart. Congrats to all the Longhorn fans out there. We'll see you in Big D next year :nice: .
Brandon