Vortech Tuner Kits, other components needed?

MyEarsHurt

May 21, 2004
Ok here is the deal, I am on the fence between a Vortech tuner kit or a procharger p1sc kit. I think its pretty clear that the procharger is a better unit, but I need some help coming to a conclusion on this one. If I got the Vortech tuner kit (polished of course) it would be around $2600, then I would need to get #42 injectors, new fuel pump, and a custom tune somewhere.

Am I missing anything that I would need?

If not then all-in-all this would end up costing between $3200-3600. Now the procharger kit would be closer to $3800, but it wouldnt be a tuner kit, it would be the full kit. Which one would you go with if you had the option? Do you think the procharger is worth the couple hundred extra?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Vortech Mongoose kit w/T-trim upgrade (only $250 more and will support 650+hp). Made 362hp/371tq w/only 13* of timing! MPH doesn't sell Procharger kits anymore because of quality issues. My setup from MPH includes:

Vortech T-trim
90mm LMAF
SVT Focus fuel pump
36# Injectors
MPH Powerpipe
SCT Tune
NGK Spark Plugs

Total price was $4,020

If you do go with Procharger, do yourself a favor and get the D1SC instead of the P1SC. If you don't, you'll wish you had when you start to deal with the P1's seal issue!