Well, got my estimate for my swap.

Orions98GT

Nov 20, 2004
Overland Park, KS
For Pi heads going on, being ported, etc on the heads, plus brand new clutch, with all the labor and extra parts I needed( head gaskets etc) it came out to $1300 even(this includes parts price) @ 45 bucks an hour. Best deal in mid Missouri, and the mechanic has 25 years behind him and has done 4 of these swaps already. But the one thing that got me was he priced cams to me for 425 each from comp, I thought you could get a set of VT stage 1's for under 600? anyhow its getting done week after next, and he says he will start on it one day and have it back to me the next afternoon.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a good price. I'm guessing the heads are allready ported b/c he wouldn't be able to port them and do the swap and still have the car back to you the next day[or did you drop them off allready?]. I've heard really good things about the VT's but mixed reviews about the comps.

Orions98GT said:
For Pi heads going on, being ported, etc on the heads, plus brand new clutch, with all the labor and extra parts I needed( head gaskets etc) it came out to $1300 even(this includes parts price) @ 45 bucks an hour. Best deal in mid Missouri, and the mechanic has 25 years behind him and has done 4 of these swaps already. But the one thing that got me was he priced cams to me for 425 each from comp, I thought you could get a set of VT stage 1's for under 600? anyhow its getting done week after next, and he says he will start on it one day and have it back to me the next afternoon.

This price includes ,PI heads, PI intake, gaskets etc and clutch AND labor? :shrug:
Where did you get your parts? five finger discount.com? :D