Well I bought it, check out my new toy

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/car/536841297.html

Gave him 2800 for it. Normally I wouldn't have payed 2800 for it but since it has t-tops and a fresh rebuilt motor/transmission I couldnt pass it up.

The good:
- Motor is freshly rebuilt so is tranny, VERY clean engine bay
- interior is in good shape for it's age

The bad:
- rear end might need a rebuild
- interior does need a little work
- could use a paint job
- has a spot of rust under each floor pan, doors have minor surface rust on the bottoms
- needs new weatherstripping
- no radio
- gas gauge and speedo don't work

Overall i felt it was a good deal and a solid project. The floorpans are the only thing that really concerns me but I know i can get new floorpans welded in. I got about 20mpg on the way home too which was nice!

The car shutters and makes a moaning/buzzing/hum from the rear end when I go over a certain rpms, the guy told me he put 4.10's in and I believe he did not install them right. I think it needs a rebuild...it sounds like a freakin airplane when you go at a steady 2500 rpms...

Other than that im very satisfied! I feel if worse comes to worse I can definately get what back what I payed for it. the t-tops alone make it a worthy project...

• Sponsors (?)

thanks guys! For the time being I plan on keep it stock. I'd like to find a stock h-pipe and a stock rear end for it. I am really looking forward to rebuilding this thing to its original condition! It's nice knowing there are so many used parts out there for these cars...

nice.

The junkyard where i got my black interior the other day had a prefect 86t-top hatch there. Most of the interior was gone. Also the 93 notch was prefect.(4cyl) I asked the guy if he would sell them whole. He said no. that he could make more money buy parting them out.