Went to the track. 1/4 mile times!

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
Today I went down to Stockbridge,GA witha few friends to meet up with 795.0pacecar to go to the track. Let me just say this, his and his dads car are both fuggin badassssss!! :nice: We then made the hour or so cruise to silver dollar raceway. Test and tune started at 4 but the gates opened at 3, we arrived at around 3:30. Basically we went in between the bracket racers there and there were only 8 ppl that i know of doing test and tune so we got a lot of runs in. My first run was a 15.3xx with a bad 2.35 60' at around 92 in mid 90 degree weather with 795.0pacecar along for the ride. The next few runs consisted of low 15 seconds at 92-94 mph.

Then my first 14 sec run was against a S2000. I didn't want to lose to him but he got me by .1 sec I ran 14.876 at 94.333 he ran 14.7xx at 96.4. He was great on the top end I was almost in 3rd gear and you can tell he was still revving it up in 1st! I also had my best R/t on that run of .031.

The next bunch consisted of 15.0xx runs and i missed 3rd on one and ended up with a 15.3. One I tried launching at a higher rpm which did not turn out good on $hit a$$ bald tires. I spun all of first, second, and some of third and ended up with a 16.0

I had two more 14 sec runs. I beat the s2000 in one of them by .2 seconds I ran a 14.9xx he ran 15.1xx.

Well what do you think, I also have a little surprise that is going on this week. Lets just say it can be used by babies and dentists. Hopefully I can get mid 13s on a smallish shot. I know there is a lot to improve upon but it was hot and most of the runs were back to back i just couldn't stop circling back. It was alooottttt of fun.

Also weighed my car. It was one heavy bitch. I gotta put this thing on a diet weighing in at 3450(I think, i can't remember exactly.) with me.

• Sponsors (?)

Me and my dad were both runnin slow, mostly because of the humidity. I ran at silver doller when it was hotter and ran faster. It was on the edge of rain pretty much the whole time we were there. All and all I had fun. Jon (grey5.0beast) is a real nice guy, eager to learn all about racing and was very knowledgeable for a guy as young as he is. It was a nice change from all the dumbasses I know who think they know everything.

Sorry I know we left earlier than you wanted, but no one was getting faster and I broke my transmission. Its pretty hard to get it into second gear now, so Im looking for a T5z at a decent price.

Your car probably has low 14s in it with some sticky tires, you were spiinin off the line and you were barking 2nd pretty good, you'll probably be in the 13s with nitrous.

In the end the important thing is that you had a good time and some good times.

Keep working on it and it will get better.

The nitrous will help but get some good sticky tires and it'll help even more.

795.0pacecar said:
His car is pretty stock aside from 3.73 gears, electric fan, and flowmasters. So 94mph is not bad at all, especially considering its a vert and is pretty heavy.

My car was stock minus, o/r hpipe, flowmasters, and the bcam (really didnt do anything for stock motor, and I was at 98mph, gears bumped me up to 99. Not saying his mph or times are bad, all cars and drivers are different. His car is alot heavier also. Like said before aslong as you had fun thats all that matters, good luck.

Keep in mind your car is pretty quick for as few mods as it has. It was his first time at the track and when I rode with him he was shifting pretty low. So more practice will get him quicker, he did good for a first timer.

Thats good, I cant judge it if I wasent there. Good luck next time, atleast you guys had fun :nice:

Youll definatly hit 13's though with a small shot, and some traction of course.

Yea these POS tires are getting pretty bald( i had nothing to do with it... ok maybe a few burnouts) so new tires are coming soon. I bought the nitrous kit incomplete without a bottle and after amking a few calls I have lined one up. I mocked everything up in my living room to make sure it was all there and It looks pretty complete. The kit was bought used from a friends dad. It includes purge kit, guages, heater, all of the brackets lines and a 3 switch panel that is badass. Thanks for the compliments and it sucks to hear about your tranny Steve. I'd love to go again some time. My friends are going back tomorrow to sell some of the import stuff they got. Supposedly tomorrow is import day.

Oh and the first run I milked it just to get the feel for it. I started shifting at 5300-5400 rpm later on, still gave that Scion TC a whoopin :owned:

You should have ridden with me once..... Let me know next time you want to go. Im up for going to commerce too, its actually closer for both of us, just we cant run it liek a circle track like we did silver dollar.

My tranny had it commin lol. If not now then when I got my slicks. I can still use all the gears as of right now so thats a plus.

How big of a shot of nitous are you going to use?

I'm thinking 75-100. The kit only had one jet and i haven't unscrewed it yet to see what it is so i'll have to roll over to Mustangs Unlimited and get a jet kit. Also the bottle opener I have wion't work on the NOS bottle I am getting unless I get an adapter. I'll just pick up the adapter or just get a NX bottle but I can get a REALLY good deal on this NOS one. I guess I'll just add up the cost of each and see whats cheapest. The bottle I am getting already has some nitrous but I might just use maybe 1 hit and the rest purge! :D
I think I can get the kit installed by wednesday b/c my dad is coming home tuesday and he can do the wiring. Tomorrow well today really I am goin to install the plumbing and mount everything up then my dad can help me with the wiring crap, theres so many wires! lol well I really don't feel like going to bed so I might just go start working now.

mob said:
My car was stock minus, o/r hpipe, flowmasters, and the bcam (really didnt do anything for stock motor, and I was at 98mph, gears bumped me up to 99. Not saying his mph or times are bad, all cars and drivers are different. His car is alot heavier also. Like said before aslong as you had fun thats all that matters, good luck.
Once you throw a cam into the mix its really not stock anymore... My car has a stock cam and i ran 14.6 at 98mph with 3:55 gears.. The B- cam will wake the motor up a bit even if stock..

grey5.0beast said:
Ok one question: where should I feed the lines through? I know I'll probably have to drill btu where would you recomend drilling?

Theres probably a ton of holes with grommets in them all around the trunk area. I would look for those before I decided to drill anything. Also I would probably try to route the line along with the fuel lines away from the exhaust.

795.0pacecar said:
Theres probably a ton of holes with grommets in them all around the trunk area. I would look for those before I decided to drill anything. Also I would probably try to route the line along with the fuel lines away from the exhaust.

What he said. I looked around in my vert but there weren't any holes with grommets that I could use so I drilled a hole and put a grommet in it or if you want to you can use a bulkhead fitting instead of feeding the line through a grommeted hole.

Run the line along with the fuel lines as much as possible. Mine was just barely long enough doing it that way but it worked just fine.

795.0pacecar said:

What he said. I looked around in my vert but there weren't any holes with grommets that I could use so I drilled a hole and put a grommet in it or if you want to you can use a bulkhead fitting instead of feeding the line through a grommeted hole.

Run the line along with the fuel lines as much as possible. Mine was just barely long enough doing it that way but it worked just fine.

You can see what I have for mods. I got a wet nitrous kit for christmas last year. Its the kind that uses a plate between the upper and lower intakes. With a 100 shot it went from 14.0s to 12.7s, both times were with my drag radials on so that will give you an idea of the time you might gain with an n20 set up.

Just my .02. I went the NX route, and have not paid as much attention to the suspension/tires as I should have. I now run MT ET Street Radials, and they are great. I can drive up to SD form Warner Robins and I don't have to swictch tires. Consider working on the fundation before you build the house....

Also be sure to pay close attention to where you put the bottle due to the fact that you have to route the feed line, and the over pressure tube. I ended up running my feedline along the frame, and had a overpressure line made to go out the wheel well.

I have $250 Summit store credit so I am gonna go down there tomorrow and pick up a jet kit, brackets(the ones for the NX kit are too big for my NOS bottle), and whatever else I can afford, maybe a cheap helmet.
Oh and Steve, remember my friend Cody, the one with the goatee, we went back to the track today and watched some and sold an intake, well he was going 100 down 96 in his blazer and got pulled over by the sheriff himself. I can't believe he let him go. 100 in a 45!! He let him go with a ticket for speeding(knocked it down to 65!!!!) and a ticket b/c he wasn't bckled up. DUMBASSS!!! Oh and the retard has street glow underneath and left it on while he was in the cop car and his battery died! :owned: