Went to the track with the Cobra again..

Chris95SVT

Aug 10, 2003
Connecticut
And made some fun passes. I think the car has plenty left in it.. But I'm happy with the 60fts and times..

Best time of the day

[email protected] w/ a 1.48 60FT!

I couldn't get the car to maximize, because on teh top end I was losing traction! No BS, the car would hook, go out then in 3rd gear, it would start to get nutty on me.. I think the track was slick on the top end, but either way, we had a blast!

This is still on the Original Ford built 302 Shortblock including STOCK CAM! Motor has never been out of the car yet!

Thanks to Jeff and Dan for all their help today!

My timeslip and Pics of the day...

ChrisvsMike.jpg

Dan tweakin the laptop..

csk01.JPG

Roomate and I for the opening race of the day.

csk03.JPG

csk04.JPG

csk05.JPG

csk06.JPG

csk07.JPG

csk08.JPG

csk09.JPG

csk10.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
Damn I want a turbo! WTG Chris! Are those 28" ET's out back? Your 1/8th mile MPH is almost as fast as my 1/4mph!

Still learning how to drive the car, I think I can get a 10.30 out of it if i can keep the car on the track without spinning.

Yes, those are my new monster 28x10.5 ET Drags.

Hahaha.. I think it's time to call it a season and bolt the 18's back on it. Might take it on a local cruise with the Mustang club up here before I stash the car away for the winter..

Thanks guys, it's been a crazy year, I'm glad the block held up to it's end of the bargain.. ;)

Chris your car is absolutely amazing! :nice: I love how your car is still sporting the stock block and cam also and making serious power. I can't believe the slicks are still getting away from you!!
I'm gonna go run mine for the 3rd time this year now that I've got the PMS tuned good. :D I'm gonna try slicks this time instead of the DR's and hope I can get at least 2 runs in before the bar me from the track. :nonono:

Yea, I think it was more track prep and ****ty driving on my part.. I watched the video and it looks like I was getting out of the groove and that's when the car got nutty... Oh well, until next year.. Fat boy is goin on a diet!