what brand fuel

• Sponsors (?)

Down here in Alabama where I'm at we have stations called Entec. Their claim to fame is triple filtered fuel using aircraft quality filters. They guarantee their fuels to be water and contaminant free. Entec is rated as a "Top Tier" fuel and they have 4 different octane levels available, 87, 89, 92, & 93.5. Of course the snake only drinks the 93.5 :nice:

U.M.

I like Shell, when its not too expensive. With prices the way they are, i'll put any 93 octane gas (Murphy's(Wal Mart), Hess, BP, Chevron, and even Citgo) as long as its not some obscure gas station. I don't like Race Trac though.

Unocal 76, 91 octane (highest rated pump gas in California) The sticker says it contains up to 10% ethanol, but the 98 cobra runs great on it. What I like about the station I use is that they have a seperate pump for each grade of fuel instead of the selection button. Then I know it's not dispensing a lesser grade of fuel!

midlifecrisis99cobra said:
All of our fuel is 10% ethanol now.:Damnit:

Performance is off and gas mileage is down about 2 mpg.
Yep, same here and it sucks. There's been a definite decrease in performance and mileage in all of my vehicles since they started putting in ethanol.

However, to answer the questions that was originally asked. I usually try to run Shell, though I'll use any Top Tier rated 93 octane if Shell's not available. If I'm somewhere that doesn't have a Top Tier rated brand available I tend to go with one of the other major brands rather than the cheapest gas available.