What do you guys think

Josh79

Sep 7, 2005
South Dakota
Well as soom of you pry know i am looking for a mustang. I have found a 97. Here is the link to the dealer site http://www.eliteautoandsports.com/show.aspx?vid=591702
It says it has a cobra motor... im not sure if it was out of a cobra or bought new and put in it or how many miles (anything about it really lol). I dont know what year the motor is and i havent gotten a response on them about it yet. If it was a regular gt motor I would probably not buy it since it isnt PI. It has been there for quite a while (since i started looking and found there site pry a couple months now) and they are really trying to get rid of it and have really dropped the price. I see it has white face guages plus a a/f meter a fuel pressure gauge. I like the interior. I think i would change the wheels. The color is alright (if it was dark shadow grey it would be awesome!!!) I figure offer 6500-7000 for it (will figure it out more once i go see it and take her for a spin). So what do you guys think about it overall? Thanks for any opinions guys!!

• Sponsors (?)

I usually only buy completly stock cars, or ones with mods which shows all receipts and a very thourogh inspection. Definatly run the carfax. dont take there word that it has a cobra motor, take the #'s verify it. And who is to say that mtor doesnt have 150,000 A## rippin miles on it????

already posted the vin but havent gotten a response will pry just have to end up getting one myself. Ya i am a little leary of the motor and all. They just gave me the # for the guy they are apparently selling it for.I will pry run a carfax then give him a call i suppose. by the way where would the numbers be on the motor that i need to find? and is there a special one i am looking for signifying it is out of a cobra. this may be hard to answer since you do not know the year of it. if i call him ill make him tell me the numbers off of it so where are they at exactly?

well i just ran a carfax and it came back good. no accidents or anything, but it has 5 owners.
Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 07/17/1997 Florida
2nd owner 11/10/1999 Minnesota
3rd owner 09/23/2002 South Dakota
4th owner 06/04/2003 South Dakota
5th owner 03/12/2004 South Dakota
Is it just me or do you think it bounced around a bit the last few years. I wonder y it was sold (well i guess they say estimated so maybe title changed to other family member's name) 3 times when each person only had it for around a year. Guess ill call the guy and see what he says. Where are the numbers at exactly on the motor. I will get those from him before i even bother making the 4-5 hour trip up there. I thought carfax's unlimited report would last more than 30 days.

I might be mistaken, but if it's a true SVT motor, it should have its own numbers and an SVT label of sorts. It's been too long since I owned my '95 Cobra to remember....:(

Check the valve covers and near the intake first... :shrug: