What do you guys think?

GSXRMIXXER

Feb 13, 2006
i have a 88 GT, 136k on the chasis and 3k on the motor rebuild. it has the following 3.73 gears, E303 cam, racing injectors, throttle body, K&N intake, upgraded maf, 9mm for racing plug wires, off road Hpipe, B&M shifter, Hooker long headers, dual flowmasters, 4" autometer tach. everything else is stock and the body is in excellent shape. the problem is the stock T-5, 3rd gear is going bad and 4th grinds. (output shaft seal leaks also). brakes could be swapped and tires are going bald. heres my question i wanna sell it and upgrade to a newer stang. but do you think i should fix the problems first then sell, or stick to my asking price "as is" for $3,000. ? and is that a fair price for the condition. ?

• Sponsors (?)

slow5poh said:
If I were u i'd find a decent t-5 and throw it in there. Maybe find one for around 400. That way you could sell the car for like a grand more .02:nice:

yeah thats a good point. is that about what a decent T-5 goes for? another problem im running into is the Smog cert here in California. im a FL resident so i could easily register it in FL and have no problem. will a bigger cam affect the smog results? i mean the car has a smog pump and cats...:shrug: