What Hit The Pentagon?

• Sponsors (?)

I watched the "Flight that fought back" documentary about flight 93 last night on Discovery.

There wasn't much wreckage from that flight hitting the ground either. The recorder showed that impact was 581MPH.

They unfolded all the events in timeline fashion, even the Pentagon. A parking lot camera shows something hitting the ground and skidding into the Pentagon. At least that what it appears to me.

In this video you can see virtually no damage to the ground. The small 10 foot hole through the Pentagon is very odd as well. I dont know if that security camera video taken at the Pentagon is for real, but if it is then it was surely not a 757.

:bs:

It was a damn plane, and just like Vib said there virtually no evidence of the plane that hit near shanksville. Take an aluminum plane weighing 80 tons, loaded with jet fuel, and send it into a concrete/steel cheesegrater (the pentagon) at over 500 miles per hour, and I'd be VERY suprised if you'd find a piece any larger than your fist. Did you ever see what happens to a bullit when its shot into water from a high velcocity rifle? Its SHATTERS into a million little pieces. Also, when most planes crash the pilots are trying to avoid such a situation, not put the hammer down and fly as fast as they can at a man made structure.

That video is full of contradictions... they keep saying how it "sounded like a missle" but the at the end of the movie they called it "the RUMBLE of imanent death"... they say "planes leave wreckage" all the pictures they showed of wreckage were of planes that crashed into the ground in a wide open field... obviously there is going to be wreckage in a wide open field...
i say :bs:

Killercanary said:
:bs:

It was a damn plane, and just like Vib said there virtually no evidence of the plane that hit near shanksville. Take an aluminum plane weighing 80 tons, loaded with jet fuel, and send it into a concrete/steel cheesegrater (the pentagon) at over 500 miles per hour, and I'd be VERY suprised if you'd find a piece any larger than your fist. Did you ever see what happens to a bullit when its shot into water from a high velcocity rifle? Its SHATTERS into a million little pieces. Also, when most planes crash the pilots are trying to avoid such a situation, not put the hammer down and fly as fast as they can at a man made structure.

There is an episode on mythbusters about them shooting diff. guns/rif. into water. After seeing what that impact did, it would be easy to see what a plane going at 500+mph would do hitting anything, much less full of fuel.

Also the shanksville area notice how you only see pics. from the air. and there are woods around the field. At the end of the "flight that fought back" show the family is at the site, there are several large trees uprooted, after the wreckage my guess the parts took out several trees, plus some trees looked like they were on fire at some point.

yellow1995Cobra said:
About the plane that crashed near shankville.. Is it true that it just crashed? Rumor was it was shot down by a fighter jet.. It was the last plane to go down correct?

You may want to catch The Flight That Fought Back 2 hour show on Discovery. It explained the entire Sept 11th in a timeline. It was narriated by Keifer Sutherland.

They have the black box recorder that had audio before the crash. Family members of those passengers were authorized to listen to that tape if they wanted to (some declined). It will never be released to public due to the on going investigation. Some family members did tell the tale on the show.

At 9:30 AM the flight was hijacked by 3 men (there plane was delayed 30 minutes so the time they took over the flight the towers were hit already). They had 40 minutes of flying time back to the Capital in Washington. During this time all 40 passengers who were forced into the back of the plane had time to talk to loved ones and authorities on the ground. The passengers knew the towers and the Pentagon were hit. When they realized this was suicide mission they came up with a plan to fight back. They boiled water, got all the fire extinguishers they could find, forks, knives, etc. They put the phones down (people were still listening on the other end) and they all rushed towards the cockpit. When the guard in front of the door told them the passengers were coming, the pilot rocked the plane back and forth (a small plane in the area eye witnessed this). They gained there composure and with the drink cart rammed the door. It knocked the guard down and the passengers actually killed him. When the hijacker pilot realized he was in trouble and the passengers were trying to get in he decided to bring the plane down. On the recorder the pilot is praying to Alah while the passengers are trying to break the door down (passengers can be heard screaming and beating on the door). The other hijacker in the cockpit is screaming "Bring it down, Bring it down, Lord be with us." The door was then penetrated and 3 seconds later the plane crashed in Shanksville.

15 mintues before all this there was a conversation with the FBI and the White House about shooting it down (they play the actual recorded message). However Flight 93 was 150 miles away from the nearest fighter jet which was guarding the White House and Capital. The decision to shoot it down came 21 minutes after the plane had crashed.

The very first fight against terror started at 9:55 AM on Sept 11th.

Think of it this way. . . have you ever tried to push your finger slowly through a piece of paper? It will get all ripped up before your finger goes through. Then hang the paper from a tree and shoot it with a .22 and you'll see a perfect hole. Similar effect. The material needs time to react to an impact. The bearing points fail before they have time to transmit the forces into the rest of the structure, which would damage the structure even more.

Conspiracy theories are fun though! It was definitely a crash landed UFO that the government was test driving. Chuck Yeager was flying it and purposely crashed it just to spite the government. The voices in my head tell me things.

blksn955.o said:
There is an episode on mythbusters about them shooting diff. guns/rif. into water. After seeing what that impact did, it would be easy to see what a plane going at 500+mph would do hitting anything, much less full of fuel.

Also the shanksville area notice how you only see pics. from the air. and there are woods around the field. At the end of the "flight that fought back" show the family is at the site, there are several large trees uprooted, after the wreckage my guess the parts took out several trees, plus some trees looked like they were on fire at some point.

I saw that episode too, plus I was a little pyro/gun junky when I was a kid. I used to take common things like steel, cardboard, 2liter bottles of water, etc and see how think I'd have to make it before I could stop a bullit! Hey, I grew up in the middle of no-where so I had to entertain myself somehow! LOL! But in doing so I quickly realized how a fast moving piece of metal becomes a million pieces of metal when it hits something hard.

As for shanksville, I grew up about 30 minutes north of there, I'm about 55 minutes from there now. I've been to the crash site a few times and the day it happened there was in fact a fire. They really couldn't have put it down in a better place in terms of having the least amount of impact to the people on the ground. Its a big field near a coal mine. Its about 20 minutes from the where the 9 coal miners were trapped and then all were rescued a few years ago... that made nation news and there was a movie made about it too.

Joe, the guy with the pony tail at the end of the movie is one of the yard guys at the salvage yard where I get parts at for my car every now and then! He's been there as long as I've been going there.

I grew up in the back woods too shooting things, making fire bombs, pipe bombs, diff. chem. bombs since late elementry school I was 8 and had a compound bow, 30/30, 20guage, 22 chipmonk. I was always fearfull of injury, and set things up in a field and brought a hose/esting. out and set up a fuse with pleny of time to leave.

In the show they said that the tapes were being used in federal cases that are still ongoing thats why they have not been made public.

One thing that kept bugging me about that show "the flight that fought back" How all the flight controllers kept saying "uh...I dont know" about contacting the FBI/Air Force/ect. when there are people screaming and when the plains made abrupt turns 180* and not thinking anything of it. A plain that has screaming, loss of response to the tower, makes abrupt NON-FLight plan turns should be on big BIG red flag.

Killercanary said:
Joe, the guy with the pony tail at the end of the movie is one of the yard guys at the salvage yard where I get parts at for my car every now and then! He's been there as long as I've been going there.

Yea I saw that. He was the guy who heard and saw the plane flying low then crash into a fireball. I believe I saw a Mustang in the backround of his interview. :banana: I have it TIVO'd, I'll check it again. Didn't they mention about 130,000 vistors a per year? I coudn't believe that. Those visitors truly "Never Forget." Remember when everyone had flags on their cars? The did a "Never Forget" tribute a church yesterday. Good reminder not to get back into our old ways again.

We visited the crash site in shanksville once my parents have been there like twice though. Your right about a good place to do it there ain't **** around that field. Its out in the middle of no where. I might have to see if that shows gonna be on again seems pretty interesting

EDIT: all that talk of not finding any plane parts. Did they find any plane parts at the WTC. Will all that fuel and heat that metal the planes are made of would melt and you wouldn't find anything