What is this 67 Worth ?

It runs goods , no leaks that i can find How much is it worth ??
Here is the ad decription and some pics .

1967 Notchback 289-2V 4 speed, Burgandy on Black interior. 126106 miles, I have no idea if that is what is on the engine, but thats what it reads on the odometer. The car is mostly stock, except for 4 things, the color, the wheels, headers and cd player.

* I have just finished doing a bunch of work to it *

Flywheel was turned and balanced, new centerforce dual friction clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. New clutch rod, new clutch fork dust boot ( to bellhousing ), new seal in the front of the diff. New thermostat, and thermostat housing gasket, New water pump gaskets, New upper and lower rad hoses, and thermostat hose. New solonoid, and dimmer switch ( high beam foot swtich ). New inline fuel filter, oil changed, tranny oil changed and rear end oil changed. Work that was done to it before it came off the road in 2001 : New rad, new motor mount ( driver's side ), new lower control arms, new ball joints, new leads, plugs, cap and rotor, Sony CD player mounted under the dash with Pioneer 3way 6x9's on the shelf.

Like I said earlier, its pretty much stock, but has headers, the wheels are some American Racing style Centerline knock offs ( not as nice but still look nice ) with 235/60R14 BF Goodrich radial TA's. The cd player I had mounted under the dash, so no dash mods were made, and the stock AM stereo is still in its original spot. Cartunes in port moody did that install. The seats and headliner are near mint, the dash could use a new skin on top. I also have some spare parts for the car : Edelbrock intake manifold for 4 bbl carb, a set of 30 over pistons for a 302, and an extra timing gear set.

67redcpe.jpg

67redcpe3.jpg

67redcperust.jpg

67cpe2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Couldn't say, but not much with the rust I see, (how much can't you see?). Look at the rust beside the shock tower, that is serious. Rust that bad on the quarters indicates there is probably rusted out cowls, doors, trunk, floorpans,etc... If I'm right, that is about $5,000 in bodywork if you pay someone else. I would pass unless it's free.

cant tell you about the Canadian market.....but, def rust issues lurking there. You will have to discount heavily for that, if a sensible buyer sees that.

IF your cowl is bad, its $$$$$ and time to repair. I personally would not fool with a standard coupe with serious cowl issues, but thats just me.

I paid $7500 for my 67 coupe, 3 years ago. Many mods already done by the previous owner, so all I had to do was maintain it. No body work required, some was already done, not great, but adequate. I'm sure he spent a lot to get it to that stage. My opinion, would be $3K to $5K. I've seen rust buckets of different makes worst than yours with asking prices of around $5K.

Well I found out he is asking 3200usd for it . there is no rust on the frame rails , and the interior is really nice too . just needs a replacement dash pad and some new carpet .the engine bay could really use a detail but thats fine , tires are practically new aswell .
How much does it cost to have a rear quater replaced and painted ??

That really depends on what else they find, and who you have do the work. We just paid someoen we know $3,000 to replace the floor pans, trunk pan, pass torque box
(front), patch both rear torque boxes, the taillight panel, and the pass quarter & wheel housings (inner & outer-came witht he quarter we bought, cut right out of another 73 that had been whacked hard in the front). However, we stripped the interior, trim & windows, and did all the finish work (grind welds, seam seal, paint, filler).

The pics can be hard to tell-but it looks like there's a good bit of rust on the inner fender aprons-at least the tops. Can you look at the car in person? If so, pour water in the cowl (if the owner won't let you-RUN, don't walk!!), and really inspect the under carriage-fresh paint or undercoating can hide some scary things. Check the wheel houses, the front frame rail extensions also-I know these are bad spots on the big bodies, I'd be willing to be it's the same on the earlier bodes as well.

Thanks for the info , The only rust besides that , that I have found it minimal surface rust .
But does any one know about how much it costs to replace OR fix a comparativly damage rear quarter panel ? ?

I have never had body work done before and would like an idea of what to expect so i can plan accordingly'
Thanks

There is always going to be a better deal around the corner, just how willing are you to wait? If this is the first one you've looked at, you may want to keep looking. Body work is the most expensive thing to do on a car, unless you can do it by yourself. I don't know about the quarter panel, but many years ago, someone put a large dent in my passenger side door of my Camaro, it cost $900 dollars at a good body shop to take it out and match the metallic paint, so I imagine it's a whole lot more today.