What kind of plug wire holders do you guys use?

bubba-dough

Dec 28, 2004
Indiana
I am sick and tired of junk holders. I have another burnt plug wire. So as a quick fix I zip tied them out of the way. I just got my new red FRPP 9mm and I also got the Moroso holders. I will put them on tomorrow. So what do you guys have luck with?

• Sponsors (?)

bubba-dough said:
I am sick and tired of junk holders. I have another burnt plug wire. So as a quick fix I zip tied them out of the way. I just got my new red FRPP 9mm and I also got the Moroso holders. I will put them on tomorrow. So what do you guys have luck with?

What plug is burning ?
I had the same problem and no the heat boots suxed for me they may work for you. I went to my friends shop and got some old plugs and removed the post plug that would go on top of the dizzy and put that boot on the plug that was always getting burnt and since then i have no issues.
These are the plugs i use and the wire looms also:
http://www.performancedistributors.com/livewire.htm

fastfox86 said:
I'm currently using zip ties :nonono:

People laugh but this is really your best option....just don't over tighten them. To do it right, run the zip tie over-under over-under the wires and then back around the same way so that you've got a "loop" around each wire, then zip it down. Don't pull it super tight. It's cheap, effective, and you can put'em where you want them and keep your wires right where you want'em. They're also available in pretty much any color so you can match them to your wires.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
People laugh but this is really your best option....just don't over tighten them. To do it right, run the zip tie over-under over-under the wires and then back around the same way so that you've got a "loop" around each wire, then zip it down. Don't pull it super tight. It's cheap, effective, and you can put'em where you want them and keep your wires right where you want'em. They're also available in pretty much any color so you can match them to your wires.
:nice: i use zip ties too. but i use one and wrap it around all 4, then use 3 more in-between, 1 between each wire.

I use wire looms that are made by a company called "Made For You". They're sold through SUMMIT RACING and are totally awesome. There's two aluminum pieces (one for each side) that bolt to the valve cover bolts. On these pieces, there's plastic wire holders that are held onto the aluminum pieces with Allen head bolts. These bolts have nuts on the bottom with nylon inserts, effectively preventing them from loosening up. My brother has had his on his engine for 9 years and mine are going onto their 4th year. Neither of us have had any problems yet.

Here's a pic. Though not up close, you can see that they even keep the wires off of the top of the valve covers.

PICT1431.jpg

Attachments

• PICT1431.jpg
    PICT1431.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 78
Hissing Cobra said:
I use wire looms that are made by a company called "Made For You". They're sold through SUMMIT RACING and are totally awesome.
Oh yeah, those rock!!! I just checked them out @ Summit. A little pricey though but I think I may end up getting some of those.:nice: